Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 5:43:49 PM EDT
Makarov.com used to have the improved replacement rollers for the CZ 52, but the last time I looked, they were out of them. Is still there a source for these? I want a CZ 52 (or ten), but I'd like to be able to shoot it whenever without worrying about the rollers kakking.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:22:35 PM EDT
[#1]
What's wrong with the STOCK rollers?

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Makarov.com used to have the improved replacement rollers for the CZ 52, but the last time I looked, they were out of them. Is still there a source for these? I want a CZ 52 (or ten), but I'd like to be able to shoot it whenever without worrying about the rollers kakking.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:27:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I've shot the piss out of mine and the rollers are just fine.  Firing pin too! (knocking on wood)
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:12:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, stock rollers are the best.  Only reason they have the aftermarket ones are to replace the rollers that come stock on their aftermarket barrels.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:31:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I have NEVER seen a failure with this pistol.  Do not wory about it. Honestly. Buy two and shoot the piss out of one. Your grandkids can have the unused one for a wall hanger. and still shoot grandpaws cz52.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, all righty, then.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:06:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quick question:   What kind of accuracy you fellows getting out of your 52's.  IE: group size at 10 to 25 yds?   I have one that is essentially mint and best I can do with hand loads, S&B plus the surplus crap around is about 2.5 at 10 & about  double that at 25.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Quick question:   What kind of accuracy you fellows getting out of your 52's.  IE: group size at 10 to 25 yds?   I have one that is essentially mint and best I can do with hand loads, S&B plus the surplus crap around is about 2.5 at 10 & about  double that at 25.

I haven't run anything but surplus out of mine and got about the same accuracy.  I am surprised by how well it does in snap shooting at tin cans though.  I can keep a pepsi can dancing most of the time.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:21:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Slug your bore, you may need to use upsized bullets. Bore diameters vary (Quite a bit actually) so you may have to use .308, .310 or .312 bullets for it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:38:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Once-upon-a-time when I belonged to the local range I was hitting the 100yd rifle gong 5-6 times out of 8 shooting off a sandbag on the table. It attracted a bit of attention. BTW, I holding at the top of the gong.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:00:08 PM EDT
[#10]
So far with 7.62x25 handloads and S&B, I haven't managed much better than 4" @ 15yds. This is with
two different stock barrels and two different aftermarket barrels. On the other hand, my aftermarket
9mm barrels hold about 1.5" @ 15yds, and my .22 Reed Express runs about the same. I'm SURE I can
do better with the .22 RE. I haven't figured out what to do about 7.62x25... I might try sizing some
.312 bullets down to .310 and give that a try.... Anybody done this? Results?

Sam

P.S. Don't worry about aftermarket rollers unless you have an aftermarket barrel. Stock rollers last forever.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:23:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Rollers?  The Czech have always made high quality weapons.  I can't imagine them producing rollers that won't outlive you.  CETME rollers have a bad reputation.  But I don't know if it is deserved.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:13:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So far with 7.62x25 handloads and S&B, I haven't managed much better than 4" @ 15yds. This is with
two different stock barrels and two different aftermarket barrels. On the other hand, my aftermarket
9mm barrels hold about 1.5" @ 15yds, and my .22 Reed Express runs about the same. I'm SURE I can
do better with the .22 RE. I haven't figured out what to do about 7.62x25... I might try sizing some
.312 bullets down to .310 and give that a try.... Anybody done this? Results?

Sam

P.S. Don't worry about aftermarket rollers unless you have an aftermarket barrel. Stock rollers last forever.

I'd recommend slugging your bore rather then just playing around with various bullet sizes. You can get a slug kit for something like 20 bucks.

Click
Click
Click

You can also get funky and use 30-06 bullets
Click

I cant stress it enough, if you want to really get the most out of your CZ52 you MUST slug the bore to determine exactly what your working with. Tailor the loads to the pistol. These pistols are wickedly accurate and a joy to shoot, they use a very unique design with the rollers. But, theyare very much "individuals" in a world of "mass produced". So, its best to slug your bore to find out what your individual pistol has for bore diameter and then load to match that.
If you take the time with her, she'll be one very, very formidable weapon in both terminal ballistics and accuracy at longer ranges.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Cool, thanks. So where are the deals on these? (I'll pick up a Shotgun News later today, but...)
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:21:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Cool, thanks. So where are the deals on these? (I'll pick up a Shotgun News later today, but...)

They are a little hard to find right now, but my recent AIM flyer says they are expecting some soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top