Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/14/2007 10:53:12 AM EDT
I went to test fire my cz-52 today and the very 1st round FTE. I removed the mag, racked the slide, reloaded the pistol, chamberd a round, and boom, but agian, FTE. I cleard the pistol again, it FTE again, and now I cant move the slide. I can dissassemble either. needless to say Im pissed. can anyone offer me some help.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 4:22:08 PM EDT
I recently picked up one too, and I'm not sure I can offer much help.

I would guess a FTE would be caused by a faulty extractor or maybe not slipping over the lip on the cartridge? Or perhaps a faulty or gummed up ejector?

Did you detail strip it and clean it thoroughly before taking it to the range? Mine had a bunch of cosmoline on it and I had to give it a good cleaning. Mine ran at 100% though.

Where did you get it from? AIM? If you are having serious problems with it, AIM would probably replace it for another one for you.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:16:13 PM EDT
Ok. I got the weapon cleared. there was a live round in the chamber, wich is what I was assumeing all along. thank god for the basic rules of firearms handling. I had to do a "controld accidental disscharge" for lack of a better term.

I contacted the people who sold me the gun and they wear very helpfull. apparently when the gun was rearsenld the pistol, the chamber was parkerized. that has to be removed befor the gun can operate properly.

ill post more details and let everyone know how it turns out when i have more time.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 7:52:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By shadow870:
I contacted the people who sold me the gun and they wear very helpfull. apparently when the gun was rearsenld the pistol, the chamber was parkerized. that has to be removed befor the gun can operate properly.

I can neither confirm or deny that story, but I will give it a double

Having bought two of them from AIM (initially) One Grey and one Black, and a guy at the range showing me the arsenal markings on the top of the slide on the Black Parked one, and it running just fine out of the box, I will have to cast a ....

Link Posted: 6/16/2007 1:34:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CavVet:

I can neither confirm or deny that story, but I will give it a double

Having bought two of them from AIM (initially) One Grey and one Black, and a guy at the range showing me the arsenal markings on the top of the slide on the Black Parked one, and it running just fine out of the box, I will have to cast a ....

well, I just got done removeing the parkerizeing from the chamber. ill test fire later this evening. If the gun functions reliably ill be happy. if not, then I will see the dealer I bought it from personaly tomarrow anyway. ill return/exchange the pistol and go from there.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 4:58:10 PM EDT

well, I just got done removeing the parkerizeing from the chamber. ill test fire later this evening. If the gun functions reliably ill be happy. if not, then I will see the dealer I bought it from personaly tomarrow anyway. ill return/exchange the pistol and go from there.

I talked to a guy (dealer) at Goodmans today, he described exactly what you said. I think he was waiting for you to come in and he was going to do your chamber.

Top Top