Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 10:00:06 PM EDT
What up guys

Am I correct in my understanding that the only difference between the 452 and 453 is the set trigger?

If so is it worth it for the 453 or am I better off getting the 452 and doing some trigger work

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:18:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I have had all types of cz's, including those with set triggers and those that don't have them.  If you are trying for some seriously tight groups, off of a bench, then no matter how good a trigger job you do yourself on a stock cz, and they can be done pretty damn good, it will never come close to a set trigger.  Sometimes, i could almost swear on my set trigger, that it went off by mind control only, you can set it so light.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:56:28 PM EDT
[#2]
The set trigger on my CZ527 Hornet is really sweet.

I did spend the $80 for a Timney for my 452 ( and an evening doing the necessary wood work) rather than get the 453 because I sometimes shoot silhouette; set triggers are prohibited. For any other use the set trigger is preferable. It can be adjusted to a fine pull unset, leaving the set option for really fine work.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
. It can be adjusted to a fine pull unset, leaving the set option for really fine work.

You pretty much answered my next question.

If I can get a decent pull and have the set as a extra light that might be the way to go
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top