Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 9:00:06 PM EST
What up guys

Am I correct in my understanding that the only difference between the 452 and 453 is the set trigger?

If so is it worth it for the 453 or am I better off getting the 452 and doing some trigger work

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:18:45 PM EST
I have had all types of cz's, including those with set triggers and those that don't have them. If you are trying for some seriously tight groups, off of a bench, then no matter how good a trigger job you do yourself on a stock cz, and they can be done pretty damn good, it will never come close to a set trigger. Sometimes, i could almost swear on my set trigger, that it went off by mind control only, you can set it so light.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:56:28 AM EST
The set trigger on my CZ527 Hornet is really sweet.

I did spend the $80 for a Timney for my 452 ( and an evening doing the necessary wood work) rather than get the 453 because I sometimes shoot silhouette; set triggers are prohibited. For any other use the set trigger is preferable. It can be adjusted to a fine pull unset, leaving the set option for really fine work.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:27:52 PM EST

Originally Posted By frog5215:
. It can be adjusted to a fine pull unset, leaving the set option for really fine work.

You pretty much answered my next question.

If I can get a decent pull and have the set as a extra light that might be the way to go
Top Top