Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2016 2:42:58 AM EDT
Going to SBR a CZ 455 in .22 LR, and need help with barrel length. The goal is to keep bulk HV ammo subsonic, while suppressed. Have read that 4 - 4.5" barrels generally keep everything subsonic. Where is this measurement taken? From front of the chamber to muzzle? From bolt face to muzzle?

Would like to keep the barrel as long as possible and keep everything subsonic.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:53:16 PM EDT
[#1]
My 5.5" 22lr pistol does NOT keep bulk subsonic but my buddies 3.5" 22lr pistol does. So for me I would go 4" to be on the safe side.

Please post pics when you get it done
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I went with 4.5" from the bolt face.  If that doesn't work, will trim it back some more.

Will post it up, when the paper work gets back.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:38:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
From bolt face to muzzle?
View Quote

This.  It's the legal way to measure barrel length on everything but revolvers.  Going by old publications, it was the de facto standard among manufacturers long before it became law.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:53:38 PM EDT
[#4]
That's the way I understand it.

This CZ has an advertised 16.5" barrel. CZ measures form the end of the receiver to the muzzle.  Measured to the bolt face, barrel length is 17.25" ish.

They are on the safe side on their barrel length.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:32:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top