Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 5:25:35 PM EDT
I'm watching the new CSI.  They just screwed up.

The murder weapon was a stolen MP5.  Even my 12yo caught the screw up.  

The brass didn't have fluted chamber marks...

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, and when they were examening the bullet  they said that  the lack of strations ment it came from a polygonal barrel.  Imagine that -- an MP5 with a polygonal barrel
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:55:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm watching the new CSI.  They just screwed up.

The murder weapon was a stolen MP5.  Even my 12yo caught the screw up.  

The brass didn't have fluted chamber marks...

Do you expect a bunch of liberal Hollywood fruitcakes to actually get gun stuff right?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I've heard of the fluted marks on the brass a few times, can someone post a pic of what it looks like?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:25:13 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, riddle me this:

I see why the shooter joined Dollar's street crew, why he took the video and printed the posters.  But why did he do the shooting?  

Was he trying to get the blame placed on Dollar?  

Or am I just getting those well dressed young gentlemen confused?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't catch tonight, But I did see it the other night when they said silencers were "illegal"

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmm, and of course I jumped on the fact that when they said it was a "polygonal" barrel, that the inside barrel view they had done at the first  opening scene was wrong. I missed the fact that it wasn't supposed to have that type of barrel.

I got a kick out of the cop "lost" the gun on a drug raid.  Raid musta gone bad huh?

No Expert
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:08:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I watched CSI once.

I still want my 60 minutes back
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't have my camera working or I could post a pic of fluted brass from my Cetme, but basically think of lines running down the outside of the casing, kind of like a candy cane but they are straight instead of twisty.  They go from the back to the front where the bullet seats into the case.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I don't have my camera working or I could post a pic of fluted brass from my Cetme, but basically think of lines running down the outside of the casing, kind of like a candy cane but they are straight instead of twisty.  They go from the back to the front where the bullet seats into the case.

And they get darker the dirteir the weapon gets, at least mine do.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:51:32 PM EDT
[#10]
CSI is just another show as that perpetuates the notion that living in Las Vegas is interesting
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:51:41 PM EDT
[#11]
you mean you people own TV's?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I didn't catch tonight, But I did see it the other night when they said silencers were "illegal"
 hr

I caught that, also. Because of this nonsense, it's hard to pull my can out at the range without being hassled...
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:06:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Because of this nonsense, it's hard to pull my can out at the range without being hassled...

...........................I'll... just leave that one alone.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 11:49:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I saw that one. The hot blond chick said "typically a perp will dumb the gun, but keep the silencer (not suppressor) because they are too hard to find and too expensive to make."

What I hate about CSI is how all the cops are too smart. I watched one CSI: Miami and the CSI cop looked at a spent shell in the dirt and right away she said " Oh yeah this was fired from a Taurus 92" she didn't even pick up the shell.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Because of this nonsense, it's hard to pull my can out at the range without being hassled...

...........................I'll... just leave that one alone.

Probably best if we all do...
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:11:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh... and how about the "... that's a $3,500 gun...", referring to the MP5. I'd like to know where I can get a FA MP5 that hasn't been shot to shyte for $3,500! (and won't give me 3rd degree burns when I pick it up)

David
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

This is HK94 Brass!!

My buddy's farm is littered with it, we never pick it up
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#18]
what I love is how these CSI's, who are simply scientists, are always in on the thick of the police work; arresting, interrogating, raids even and sneering with superiority over the bad guys. lol  Yeah yeah, I know, what good would it be if they just did the nerdy stuff - lol - but that right there should show you how much of a grain of salt to take their "investigative work"
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:21:38 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
what I love is how these CSI's, who are simply scientists, are always in on the thick of the police work; arresting, interrogating, raids even and sneering with superiority over the bad guys. lol  Yeah yeah, I know, what good would it be if they just did the nerdy stuff - lol - but that right there should show you how much of a grain of salt to take their "investigative work"

Both yes and No!!

The CSI Guys in the Vegas show  are Lab geeks, but the guys in the Miami and NY shows are supposed to be cops.

All 3 shows are still TV and they exagerate and get facts wrong!!!

A friend of mine is a prosecutor in AZ and he told me that sometimes he has to have experts testify that CSI is TV and not reality!!

Some jurys expect to see the CSI type evidence in the courtroom now ans are dissapointed when they don't see Gil Grissom trestifying  in the courtroom!!

Y
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top