(posted this in general discussion forum.)
I saw in one of the gun rags they were talking about Wilson Combats Trifecta....Handgun, shotgun and AR-15. It made me think of the weapons that I have chosen for my own personal Combat Trifecta. It has taken a few years and a few different experiments, to choose what I consider to be the best of the best for me.
1. Handgun....1911 .45 Colt Combat Commander.
2. Carbine....Preban Colt Lightweight AR-15 with telescoping stock.
3. Shotgun....Benelli 12 gauge M1 Super 90.
(one of the reasons I went with the Benelli is, now all my "combat" weapons are semi auto)
4. Pocket knife....Emerson Commander
So those are my picks for combat perfection what are yours?
What I prefer and what is at home:
1) 1911 Colt
2) Pre ban Benelli M-1 S-90
3) Pre ban Bushmaster
All of the above fully dressed!
What I am issued so carry for the most part:
1) Glock 23 31/2 connector tritium and M-3
2) 870 with surefire, sidesaddle, tritium
3) LE only Colt Carbine with Surefire and flip
up rear site.
They all work so I guess it's not a big deal either way!
Imbel M-444 FAL
CZ 452 .22 Bolt Gun
Daisy .177 BB Gun
Thats all I have, but I want to
get a shotgun soon. When that happens
it will replace the Daisy.
1) Handgun Springfield Loaded
2) Carbine Bushmaster M-4 with Acog NSN and back up flip ups with M-3 light
3) Shotgun Benelli Nova SP with Ghost rings and M-3 light
4) Long range Ar-10A4 with Tasco Super Sniper 10X42
Beretta 96 in 40 S&W
Maybe my RRA AR15, it would depend on how I feel that day.
1. Bushmaster Dissipator; .223
2. Beretta 1201FPG3; 12-ga.
3. Beretta 96 Centurion; .40
(all the above were mfg. prior to "the ban")
~ Cold Steel SRK & AR15.com/CRKT LE (nobody carries just one knife...)
List subject to change without notice.
HK USP or Springfield Operator or Springfield Mil-Spec
well thats three but there is no way I am leaving behind the 700 VS, Ruger 10/22 and MK II.
h&K USP 40
colt lightweight AR-15
Benelli M1 Super 90
1. Handgun - Glock 17
2. Rifle - M16A2
3. Shotgun - Mossy 590 (shameless plug...its for sale)
...and let me add...
4. Crew served/LMG - 1919
STI "Edge" 45acp
Win Super X2 "Practical" w/laser
DPMS Superbull 16"
What works for me:
1) Colt 1911 Special Combat Govt. 45 (the early blued carry model from the Custom Shop)
2) Colt factory M16A1 in full M4 configuration, with ACOG Compact TA47-2 and a Betamag.
3) None. Haven't found anything I can't do with the first two. If I was LE, I guess I'd bring along my Mossy 500 for crowd control and door-bustin'.
I shoot 'em AT LEAST twice as much as all my other guns combined. Prolly gonna be buried with 'em, just to see which of my sons digs me up first.....
1) Bushmaster XM15E2S
2) Remington 870
3) M1911 .45 ACP
I have some other stuff as well . . .
1. Glock 26
2. Oly carbine
3. Don't have yet... probably an 870
Handgun: Glock30 or USP 45F
Rifle: Pre-Ban Eagle Arms M4C
Shotgun: Benelli M3
1) Handgun G-30/21 combo each with night sights.
2) Oly-M4gery, with his buddies ACOG-NSN, and SureFire M-500A.
3) Oh nooooooooooo deficiency noted, no shotgun..........
I own all of these:
Handgun: USP45F or C model.
Rifle: Colt SP1 M4gery flat top w/ACOG Reflex and Surefire mount.
Shotgun: M1S90 w/Surefire forestock.
I also have 2 Emerson CQC 7's as well as a Franklin HAWG which is a nasty little folder that looks like a pocket chainsaw.
Preban all, except the USP's.
I may take the SW45FS, Special Weapons 45 MP5 clone SBR with tacked on suppressor making it legal 16". Maybe the Imbel FAL carbine. I also own 1911's, Glocks and a Sig as well as other pump shotguns and a nice precision Savage .308. It would depend on mission, terrain and location. All of this is from my collection. I like to be prepared.
If we can choose what we want:
Suppressed HK Tactical,
real M4 w/203,
and still the Benelli M1S90 but maybe with a 14" entry bbl.
1. Glock Model 21 in .45 ACP
2. Colt AR15A2, Carbine version with iron sights
3. Mossberg 590 with extended magazine
My Combat Gear - yeah bebe!
1. Long Range Applications - Pocket Rocket Sling Shot. Generally keep 'er load with "steelys" (FMJs) but if tactically prudent I swap them out for fangible ammo - glass marbles.
2. CQB - I roll with an Easton Aluminium "Ball Bat". This is a 26" little league model, it is light enough to generate bone breaking velocity with one arm, but short enough to be an advantage for clearing the interior of a building. ps - I switched from a wooden Louivelle "Thumper" because I was concered about the reliability of wood.
3. SHTF - I carry a gross of Black Cat Lady Finger Firecrackers. Just like Dr. Strangelove -I believe that you must have the ability to "go nuclear" in a tactical situation.
Now I understand this is some pretty advanced weaponry, and it may seem like over kill to some of you - but I take my personal safety very seriously.
To pick three gun from my collection,
Handgun: Glock 35
Shotgun: Benelli S90 M1 Tactical
Carbine: Bushmaster M4 with SIR and EO Tech
H&K USP 45
Building/House to House :
H&K USP 40
Bushmaster 16in Carbine.
Weapons subject to mix and match depending on circumstances and situation. A couple of other arms in reserve.
Pistol - Beretta 92FS
Shotgun - Remington 870 18" bbl
Rifle - Eagle Arms post-ban (until I can get a preban, which will have a collapsable stock, 16" barrel, and a flashhider)
You ought to use .50 cal ice BB's.
Deadly out to 100 yds, and then the evidence "melts"
1. Colt 1911 .45
2. Remington 870
I don't actually own any firearms, so I won't tell you which ones are my favorite ones
But for sake of the discussion -
I don't consider the shotgun a combat weapon. Its more of a defensive / SWAT / tactical piece.
If money were no object, here would be my choices -
1. Pistol - Sig 229
2. Subgun - H&K Mp5 in 40 S&W.
3. Rifle - M4 with M203, in full and 3 rd burst.
4. SAW - M60 in .308.
1. A Baseball Bat.
2. A Flash light.
3. A Cell Phone with 911 on speed dial.
1. Glock Model 22 .40
2. Remington 870 with 18" barrel, pistol grip & tac light.
3. 16" CAR, with Red Dot scope
4. (I know it's only supposed to be 3, but I love long distance shooting) Savage model 110 SA in .308 with 6.5-20 scope, Choate sniper stock
All work well and all have been extremely reliable for me.
Bushmaster AR15 carbine
My Intergalactic Combat Triumvirate:
1) Omni Consumer Products COBRA Assault Cannon
2) Warner Brothers Illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator
3) Cyberdyne Systems Phase Plasma Rifle in 40 Watt Range
I read the "Trifecta" article. Just to be a smartass, the author in Guns&Ammo is wrong. A trifecta is a selection process paring down three to one. A more accurate word would be Triumvirate, as its an associated group of three.
Glock 17 w/ HydraShoks (Full cap mags of course)
VEPR K 7.62x39 w/ 123 grain softpoints
Mossberg 590 w/ #4 Buckshot
Thanks for the clarification Avatar!
CQB-Bushy preban car-15
pistol- Taraus 92 9mm
and for the long range "guests"- Armscorp M1A with scope and if gets real bad I'll turn the radio to an AM station and Barbra Stiesann (sp) and club them with my 9iron; using Barab's music for "evil" gotta love it.
1. Colt Pre-ban AR15A2
2. Colt 1911
3. Franchi 48AL (I know, but its all I got right now.
4. Remington 700 VLS in .243 with nosler Ballistic tip handloads.
Pistol - HK USP Tactical .45
Rifle - HK 53
Shotgun - Rem 870
Long Range - Rem LTR .308 (OK, it's nto a .300 Win Mag but I can only see so far...)
Knife - Chris Reeves Project II