Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2002 5:05:17 PM EDT
www.OptionsForPersonalSecurity.com

OPS Tactical Rifle / Carbine Course in Pueblo West, CO on May 25 / 26.

"THE FINAL WEAPON IS THE BRAIN.  ALL ELSE IS SUPPLEMENTAL."  -John Steinbeck

-Reflexive Shooting Skills.
-Advanced Tactical Expertise.
-A Warrior's Fighting Mindset.

Take an OPS course and develop the ulitmate weapon: YOU

The center fire semi-auto rifle chambered for a full power or intermediate cartridge (ARs, AKs, H&Ks, FN-FALs, SKSs, ect.) is the most formidable and versatile personal fighing implement devised to date.  Appropriate for either the defensive, tactical, or sporting user, this two-day course imparts a level of understanding that far exceeds graduates of the U.S. military rifle training.  This course covers trajectory, battlesight zero, practical ready and firing positions, close- and medium-range snap shooting, weapons handling, urban applications, team drills, firing while moving, moving and multiple targets, plus the tactics required to employ this potent tool in combat.  Ammunition requirements: 750 rounds.

AND AS WITH ALL OPS CLASSES THERE IS A 100% MONEY BACK POLICY IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED.

This course will be offered at the Pueblo West Sportsman Association range in Pueblo West, CO on May 25 - 26.  $345 for non members of Pueblo West Sportsman Association, $295 for members.  Feel free to contact Chief Instructor James Yeager at [email protected] for more informatoin or to receive OPS 12-page colorbrochure with OPS entire course descriptions.

To sign up for this course you can call (877) 636-4677.  If you need additional information feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 5:11:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Can someone give me some idea as to what goes on at one of these courses?

I want to host a similar event at my club when our outdoor ranges are finished this summer.

I have heard of a guy who is ex-IDF special forces who might be convinced to teach it.

What sort of props etc would I need to set it up?
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 5:32:19 PM EDT
[#2]
That's pretty cool. Are there any training sites like this or Gunsite or Thunder Ranch on the East Coast?
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#3]
interesting subject: how many folks do you have signed up so far?
waiting for word on my application to the club but I think its in april when you guys let new folks in I guess so will try and go to your next highpower match in about a week or so and try to get more info.
750 rounds sounds like fun but do you bring your own weapon I would think you would I guess but not sure if I want to burn up 750 rounds threw any of my current rifles other than a ak or sks right now. I guess I could bring a few different rifles and ammo.
got to think about that as thats a $500 weekend. I see you guys are having the pistol one couple months later I see.
is their any one I can talk to that has done one of these in order to get a perspective of what it intails?
    thanks jon  
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is a link to a review of the OPS Tactical Pistol and OPS Tactical Carbine Course that I took last fall:

communities.msn.com/ColoradoAR15ShootersSite/opstacticalpistolandcarbinereviewpics.msnw

jc121,

I bought a sleeping bag and some wet weather gear from you at the Pinon Truck Stop last year and we also talked down at the SOF convention in Raton, hope you know who I am now.

I've posted a review of the courses that I took through OPS at the link above.  I'm not a member of Pueblo West Sportsman Association and I don't work for OPS, I'm just the guy that's setting up the course.  I'm interested in training and getting some great training for a good price.  I've looked at going to places like Gunsite or Thunder Ranch but by the time I paid for tution for the course and then tacked on my travel and lodging costs I was looking at spending over $2,500 for a 3 day course.  I ended up running into the guys from OPS and was familiar it's owner, Andy Stanford, he writes articles in a lot of different gun mags and Paladin Press carries a lot of his books.

I'm not trying to make anyone money, I'm just looking for good training that I can afford and that's why I set up the last OPS training, the first day of training I had over half the class approach me and ask me to bring the guys from OPS back to Colorado and that's how I ended up setting up this course.  The training is top notch, it's not a rifle match, it's training.  The OPS classes teach you how to properly use and fight with your rilfe / carbine.

I've got about 5 guys signed up so far and most of them took the course last year.  If you are interested in getting more info on the Carbine Course email James Yeager at the email address on my first post and he can have other students that have gone through his courses email you and let you know their thoughts on the training provided by OPS.  If you need more info please feel free to send me an email, if you want send me your phone number and I'll call you on my dime to give you whatever info you are after.

Hope this helps.

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:03:07 PM EDT
[#5]
JEFF: hows it going and yes I knew who you were on your post:
went to the site you posted and liked it. you are in alot better shape than me and I wonder if I can keep up as with a match I really do not have much to do.
going to the match at the club not tommorrow but next sat. I put my application in to join but have not herd back from them on that yet. you should come on out and shoot with us as you will have some fun and you do not have to be a member. its a standard highpower cmp 50 shot 200 yard match, most any rifle like a ar15, sks, garand as long as its a center fire and no scope.
will give it some thought as I kinda have all my irons in the fire with funds right now but might be healthy by then. jon  
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 4:35:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Jon,

I've thought about the high power matches, but have too many irons in the fire right now.  I do shoot International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) matches out at Pueblo West and I also shoot the occational 3 gun match.

As far as the OPS class goes you do not have to be physically fit to take this class.  There is shooting and moving, but nothing that's high speed.  At the last class we had students of every fitness and age level.  We also had students that had only fired a pistol once in their life.  I was really impressed how well the OPS instructors kept everyone on the same sheet of music.

I've been shooting a pistol professionally for over 12 years and I learned a lot in the OPS class, I even changed my shooting stance, because the one that I was taught in the OPS class was much more proficient than the stance that I had been shooting.  Trust me if you take the OPS class you will have a fun time and you'll be amazed at how much you learned in two days.

By the way you can bring any rifle you want: AK, AR, FAL, G3, M1A, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, mini 14, a lever action, a camp rifle, whatever.  You bring it and the OPS instructors will teach you to use it.   :-)

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:41:10 AM EDT
[#7]
jeff:
thanks for the info . told my better half this mourning that I was interested in taking the class but will have to see if I have the funds as I just bought a new match rifle and it set me back right at $1300.
one question can I use a few different rifles as I really do not want to put 750 rounds threw any one of them, thinking that I have 3 ar15's and a few other things like ak47 and the such. thanks jon
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Jon,

YES you can use different rifles.  I wouldn't recommend using a match rifle for the entire course, but 750 round through a standard AR15 won't hurt it at all.

Anyway I used a couple different pistols during the OPS Tactical Pistol Course just to see which one I was more comfortable with under combat style shooting.  

If you want to get some good training on how to use your different rifles the OPS class would be a good place to start.  By the way I've already taken the course with an AR15 (an M4 version with A2 sights) and I was thinking about doing the first day with an AR and the second with an AK, but I'm still tossing that idea around.

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:34:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the links, I just found an Instruction Range here in Washington with links from OPS Homepage!!!!  Thanks a lot!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:36:28 AM EDT
[#10]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top