Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/27/2005 10:40:26 AM EDT
Does anyone know offhand...will an NRA Pistol, Rifle, and Home Safety Instructor Certification be any help on the CMP requirements? My local gunclub doesn't have a CMP course that I'm aware of, and I don't know any around close that offer it either. There's a 2 day NRA instructor course coming up for only $75. Thought maybe that might be enough to qualify me. Thanks Greg
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:16:04 PM EDT

read these new requirements. Looks like you may be ok if it was witnessed. C&R meets requirements now also. Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:55:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/27/2005 11:58:36 PM EDT by Sheldon]
If it's the proof of marksmanship requirement you're in need of you don't need to spend that kind of money unless you want to. You can download a form and just have the range officer at your range sign showing he witnessed you practicing at the range.

From the CMP requirement page: "Certification from range or club official or law enforcement officer witnessing shooting activity. A form for use in completing and certifying your range firing can be downloaded from the CMP web site at http://www.odcmp.com/forms/marksmanship.pdf "
Top Top