Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/9/2006 9:12:30 AM EDT
Wooo hooo! Pics inbound!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:00:19 PM EDT
Hate to burst your bubble.. buy if it just went listed as 'processing' it could take up to 2 weeks until it ships... now.. when it DOES say shipped.. then you'll get it the next day :-)
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:46:00 PM EDT
Depends on what CMP has on hand that has been inspected/graded. Mine went to process and did not ship till 7 days later. On the eighth day I celeaned a garand.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:54:35 PM EDT
Yeah, mine sat in "processing" status for about a week.

The good news is you are getting closer!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:21:04 AM EDT
My order for 2 correct grade H&Rs has been sitting on processing for about a week. The good news is the ammo is finally showing as being shipped.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:53:42 AM EDT
I just ordered my first Garands last week, where do I go to find out the status?

J
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:13:18 PM EDT
Just checked CMPs estore on my 2 Garands and the status has finally changed from processing to shipped.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:01:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CNTRSNIPR:
I just ordered my first Garands last week, where do I go to find out the status?

J

Once CMP receives your order, they'll email you to confirm reciept and establish your e-store account.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:41:45 PM EDT
My order for a correct grade H&R is in the processing stage. They did charge my card on 3/6/06. Hope it changes to shipped very soon. Last one I bought from them was in 1996 and the wait was longer and didn't have a choice in what you wanted. They have only had this order less than 2 weeks. Very fast service.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:52:19 PM EDT
shouldn't be long gunman....my correct grade showed up about 16 days after I mailed the order.

Stock is crap, but the rest of the rifle is brand new.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:32:20 AM EDT
Once your CC gets hit.. they usually ship 2-4 days afterwards...
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:09:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HighPowerShooter:
Hate to burst your bubble.. buy if it just went listed as 'processing' it could take up to 2 weeks until it ships... now.. when it DOES say shipped.. then you'll get it the next day :-)

I'll bet you're the kind of guy that believes Santa Claus won't be payin' for Christmas this year too, huh?

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:22:37 PM EDT
Still in processing.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:46:40 AM EDT
Santa Clause?? he ain't alive no more!! I shot him down a few years back with my quad 40mm in the back yard... them raindeer BBQ REAL good!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:46:27 PM EDT
I went to the North store and picked mine out. (2 FG's) I did not see any like new correct grades and the service grades were pretty well picked over, about 15. So ended up getting 2 FG rather than spend the same and get only one. I am thinking though if you are ordering a service or correct garde they come out of Anniston and from comments from folks they seem to be in much better shape. Do you think this is right or am I just dreaming?

Chinook3
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:32:44 PM EDT
Update -- It's now showing in my History as having been processed on the 20th... it's the 21st now, so I guess it'll probably be out the door much later today. Very nice. Maybe I'll be home when it gets here, and I can go to BLM land and knock out a couple clips.

I would never have known about the CMP other than through arfcom, so thanks guys, I appreciate the information. I may order a couple more field grades just to pack up for future generations. Not that they'll need 'em... just for nostalgia.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:05:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Peak_Oil:
Update -- It's now showing in my History as having been processed on the 20th... it's the 21st now, so I guess it'll probably be out the door much later today. Very nice. Maybe I'll be home when it gets here, and I can go to BLM land and knock out a couple clips.

I would never have known about the CMP other than through arfcom, so thanks guys, I appreciate the information. I may order a couple more field grades just to pack up for future generations. Not that they'll need 'em... just for nostalgia.

They will send you an e-mail when it ships and you will have the rifle the next day.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:02:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hoppy:

Originally Posted By Peak_Oil:

They will send you an e-mail when it ships and you will have the rifle the next day.

My last shipment of two rifles just showed up at my door. Never received the email that they shipped. I was surprised to say the least.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:10:57 AM EDT
My carbine receiver shipped yesterday. Should be here today.

My springfield rack grade has been showing as processing since last month
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:09:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By LUGERMAN:
My last shipment of two rifles just showed up at my door. Never received the email that they shipped. I was surprised to say the least.

Wow, the e-mail is important seeing as how someone has to be home to sign for the rifle.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:44:03 PM EDT
Damn Fedex.

Receiver was supposed to be here today. It got to Memphis early yesterday morning and then sat there for 17 hours before it was able to leave Memphis

Guess I'll see it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:13:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Hoppy:

Originally Posted By LUGERMAN:

Wow, the e-mail is important seeing as how someone has to be home to sign for the rifle.

OMG I got it today! I got home between classes today and the long fedex box was there and I said to myself Hey, you know what THAT is! and I could just as easily answer myself with Holyshit, that's my Garand! Wahoooooo! Turns out my girl signed for it today and I cut it out of the box today and here it is! What an excellent pice of machinery.

This is a kick ass rifle, that's for sure. I can't wait to drag it out to the range and bang some steel! This is going to be a great weekend!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:49:32 AM EDT
First off, way to go bud ya did good. What grade did you get?

Now before firing, clean the rifle real good. This includes stripping it down, greesing it up and clean the barrel.
Function check the rifle by working the bolt and watch the action movement. If you have some dummy rounds, load a clip and cycle it through the gun. Pull the op spring out to make sure it is not in multiple peices- happens when the gun comes but not often.

After you clean greese and function check----shoot the darn thang. Preferable slow firing, watch cartrige ejection pattern to tell if the op spring is good, clip latch function is good that sort of thing.

Oh did i say ---- shoot the darn thang? have fun
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:49:07 AM EDT
I just received 2 more Service Grade Garands. "Pending" on 1/25 and arrived 3/24.

One a 5.7 and one a 5.8 serial number. They will become good brothers to my 9xx,xxx and 2.5

I've rarly visited the M1 forum here so if this has been posted before... sorry. Get DVDTrackers M1 Garand field strip video from here

It is a good video!

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:38:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ar15hookem:
First off, way to go bud ya did good. What grade did you get?

Now before firing, clean the rifle real good. This includes stripping it down, greesing it up and clean the barrel.
Function check the rifle by working the bolt and watch the action movement. If you have some dummy rounds, load a clip and cycle it through the gun. Pull the op spring out to make sure it is not in multiple peices- happens when the gun comes but not often.

After you clean greese and function check----shoot the darn thang. Preferable slow firing, watch cartrige ejection pattern to tell if the op spring is good, clip latch function is good that sort of thing.

Oh did i say ---- shoot the darn thang? have fun

I went with a Greek Service. The wood is very dark and had some crusties stuck to it and there's some cosmo in the action, I haven't had a chance to clean it out yet. Soon, though. Very soon. Then, I need to find a place to go shoot it. I bought the surplus 30-06 that attracts a magnet, so I gotta find a place that will let me shoot. I checked the CA BLM list, and nobody likes rifle shooters on BLM land around here... I'm gonna have to get creative.
Top Top