Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 9:56:20 AM EDT
I usually post in other forums but I thought I would give everyone a heads up.

I just ordered my first M1 from CMP(greek field grade) and noticed today they have post new offerings.

They are now offering Winchesters and International Harvesters in all grades.

Unfornately they are out of my price range but maybe y'all can order.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up while I go crazy waiting for my m1 to ship in a week or 2.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:20:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh damn damn damn damn damn damn.......
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Not worth the money IMO but they will fly out of there like crazy. The Dane SG w/VAR barrel I picked up a year and a half ago for $425 is now selling at $700.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Not worth the money IMO but they will fly out of there like crazy. The Dane SG w/VAR barrel I picked up a year and a half ago for $425 is now selling at $700.

The market has set the price, people are willing to pay it, therefore the prices have increased.

Personally I think every American citizen should be able to get 1 free Garand.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:38:38 PM EDT
[#4]
"The market has set the price, people are willing to pay it, therefore the prices have increased."

True. But from what I have read from people who have been to Anniston there are very few Winnies and IHC with original barrels and very few have much in the way of original parts. $700-$750 for a mixmaster without original barrel is just too much. Which is why I will not be buying, well, the $2500 transmission rebuild this week IS helping me make that decision.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#5]
my ammo is coming but still waiting on the service grade rifle

R001GR-WRAS* M1 Garand, Winchester $700
R001IHC M1 Garand International Harvester $750
R002SAV** M1 Garand, Springfield Armory, VAR Barrel $700
R004SA* M1 Garand, Springfield Armory Delivery in 60-90 days......$500
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:34:31 PM EDT
[#6]
The CMP could stamp a dog turd " CMP " and spray paint it gold and morons with $ will fall over each other to buy one for however much money they asked !

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:44:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The CMP could stamp a dog turd " CMP " and spray paint it gold and morons with $ will fall over each other to buy one for however much money they asked !

I agree, but people spend much more money on useless trinkets and worthless items.  At least you get something for the money ordering a Garand from the CMP.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree, but people spend much more money on useless trinkets and worthless items.  At least you get something for the money ordering a Garand from the CMP.

It may be a turd, but they aint squeezing them out anymore. The mixmasters are a better investment than the stock market...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:46:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Folks,

I recently spent $14,300 for a fricking diamond for my bride of 32 years.
A littlle piece of compressed carbon! WTF!!!
I spent it and now it is my turn.

I am going to buy me two Colt M16 firearms.

If you see me on the Big Four Class 3 sites going for a Mg get out of the way cause when i set my sights, that fucker is going to be coming to the Hills of Arkansas!

CP
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:49:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry,

Wrong site for most of youn's

CP

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:26:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Holy cow,

That is a huge price jump.  I think I will have to do with my rack grade and service grade I ordered a couple of weeks ago.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#12]
is field grade that much worse than service grade?

if the rifle is just meant to be a shooter, would getting a field grade make the most sense?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
is field grade that much worse than service grade?

if the rifle is just meant to be a shooter, would getting a field grade make the most sense?

I think it basically depends on what you want out of the rifle.  I am buying the rack grade to shoot the hell out of and fix up when it totally pooped out.  I am keeping the service grade in the safe for the most part, and pass it down as time goes by.  Although, I might get some more as money permits.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I just got my CMP ammo today, what a bummer that the rifle didn't show up too.  I have a service on the way, and I am definitely planning on adding one or two to the arsenal this spring as paychecks allow.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Way to much for what was less than $425 less than two years ago WITH some original parts.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Folks,

I recently spent $14,300 for a fricking diamond for my bride of 32 years.
A littlle piece of compressed carbon! WTF!!!
I spent it and now it is my turn.

I am going to buy me two Colt M16 firearms.

If you see me on the Big Four Class 3 sites going for a Mg get out of the way cause when i set my sights, that fucker is going to be coming to the Hills of Arkansas!

CP

Hmmm, that much money you could have just bought a new girlfriend!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:56:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Either they didn't have very many or they got bumrushed.  I looked on there today and they weren't taking anymore orders for them.  The thing I am wondering, is how did they process all those orders after I sent my order in and they still haven't even confirmed my order yet?  I sent my order in on the 16th and I haven't heard a peep and my credit card still hasn't been charged.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I forget how many WRA"s they had, but there were only 60 IHC's
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:24:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Personally I think every American citizen should be able to get 1 free Garand.

YEAH ! ! ! ! !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top