Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2005 8:50:54 PM EDT
I picked up two SA rank grades from the CMP. One's around '56 and the other is '42. Although I just finished cleaning up the '56, the '42 is in really bad shape and will need a lot of work. Here's a pic of the '56. From what I can tell, all of the rifle is SA except for a HRA bolt assembly.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:03:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks great!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet!

How much do the CMP Garands run typically?

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:37:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Looks great!!!

+1
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:54:55 AM EDT
[#4]
That is a nice looking garand.  Very nice picture too!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:17:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks! The SA rack grades I got cost $325 each plus about $25 for the shipping. That's not including the cost for the CMP requirements. Still, it's not a bad deal if you're willing to put some TLC into the stock and metal. I finally detail stripped the '42. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. Minimal rust on the sight assembly and barrel. Only have to replace the buttstock plate and one screw. I think have two strains of the BRD now.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I love that Garand.  Man that thing looks pristine.

Max
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:48:34 PM EDT
[#7]
You might send the CMP an e-mail about the parts you see needing replacement. They are very good about taking care of things like that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:06:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Congrats with that new girl-friend feeling...

I just dropped my '55 HRA in a new Real Tree stock from RamLine and it looks sweet beyond belief. The '43 Springfield is going to remain in tact as is for JCG matches.

Use it....
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:43:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's the '42 after some cleaning. The furniture was stripped with some antique refinisher and I'm waiting for some pure tung oil to arrive to oil her up. This ol' gal has certainly been through a lot. At least it's all SA parts.. even with the unparkerized gas tube.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top