Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2005 9:48:21 AM EDT
How is everyone's order doing?  Mine went in on the 18th of March for a RG Greek H&R M1.   I got an acknowledgement and order number on the 31st.  Order is still open, and no shipping date yet.  

I thought if we had a thread to keep track, people might get an idea of when theirs might ship.
So, post your dates, grades, and manufacuture!

Link Posted: 4/12/2005 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I mailed my order on March 16th, and the order acknowledgment is dated the 29th.  No ship date yet.  H&R Greek rack grade.  

I've been checking the E-store for a ship date several times a day.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2005 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Ordered a USGI Rack the 28th of March, got it this morning.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2005 1:43:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Ordered USGI SA SG April 4th, no acknowledgment yet and even when that happens I sadly don’t expect it anytime soon
Link Posted: 4/12/2005 7:04:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Greek HRA RG sent March 18, on the estore as recieved on the 29th and still nothing.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2005 8:26:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Greek HRA Rack order March 26, email receipt April 5, still nothing on Estore
Link Posted: 4/12/2005 8:29:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Ordered USGI SA SG at end of Feb.  Shows on E-store on 3Mar as OPEN.  Guess that's gonna be a wait.

Sent in order for Greek SA SG about 2 weeks ago.  E-mail confirmation last Thursday, nothing on e-store.
Link Posted: 4/14/2005 1:34:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

UPDATE: April 14, order now on Estore. Ammo shows as processing with a remark that Greek HRA Rack on backorder, Rifle shows as open.
Link Posted: 4/14/2005 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Quoted:
with a remark that Greek HRA Rack on backorder, Rifle shows as open.

Well shooooooooot, that isn't good.  I thought the Greek HRAs were the ones that were getting shipped out so quickly?  Dang.  Maybe a longer wait than I had imagined.

I wonder why I haven't gotten a remark like that?  You would think that they would post something like that on the pending order at the e-store?  I feel neglected.
Link Posted: 4/14/2005 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine is charged on my credit card and the status in now "processing"!  When I got my SG, it shipped the day after it was charged (I had to look at the old statements), so hopefully I will have it soon.

Brian
Link Posted: 4/14/2005 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/14/2005 5:16:00 PM EDT
[#11]
mailed my order on the 29th of march, received my 3 greek rack grades yesterday.

Link Posted: 4/14/2005 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hell, I wish they would give an option, at this point, I'd take a HRA or SA, whichever shipped faster.

+1
Link Posted: 4/14/2005 6:45:07 PM EDT
[#13]
usgi sg hra on e-store 1-20-05 still open
Link Posted: 4/14/2005 7:04:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Update for my Greek SA SG.  Showed processing two days ago.  Got an e-mail just a few minutes ago that it shipped today, and should be at my door tomorrow!  Wooo hooo!  Now I just have to wait on the Fed Ex guy all frickin day!  It will be worth it!
Link Posted: 4/14/2005 7:09:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I mailed my order on March 16th, and the order acknowledgment is dated the 29th.  No ship date yet.  H&R Greek rack grade.  

UPDATE: My order is processing, and my credit card has been charged, things are finally starting to happen!  No backorder message for my Greek RG...
Link Posted: 4/14/2005 8:21:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
with a remark that Greek HRA Rack on backorder, Rifle shows as open.

Well shooooooooot, that isn't good.  I thought the Greek HRAs were the ones that were getting shipped out so quickly?  Dang.  Maybe a longer wait than I had imagined.

I wonder why I haven't gotten a remark like that?  You would think that they would post something like that on the pending order at the e-store?  I feel neglected.

The backorder notation was on the invoice for the ammo, not the rifle. Ammo and rifles ordered together are listed under seperate invoices due to the different shipping methods. I bet it was noted for control purposes or something rather than to advise of an actual backorder on the rifle. I think they are shipping them as fast as they grade them and get them out the door.
Link Posted: 4/15/2005 6:40:46 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

UPDATE: My order is processing, and my credit card has been charged, things are finally starting to happen!  No backorder message for my Greek RG...

Congradulations!  You can forward that on to me when you recieve it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2005 8:19:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

UPDATE: April 14, order now on Estore. Ammo shows as processing with a remark that Greek HRA Rack on backorder, Rifle shows as open.

UPDATE 2: April 15, ammo shows shipped, no change in rifle status.
Link Posted: 4/15/2005 9:10:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Update for me!  The Greek is here this morning at about 930!  WOO HOO.  Metal looks good to me, the wood is mismatched but actually isn't as bad as I thought it might be.  Now it is time to start cleaning.

Link Posted: 4/16/2005 6:39:44 AM EDT
[#20]
2 ea greek HRA RG's , mailed order 3/21, order confirm email 3/24, posted E store 3/31 and is still open. A Friend mailed his GK HRA RG order on 3/25 and received his rifle already 4/13  !!!

The CMP works in mysterious ways .... sometimes ...
Link Posted: 4/16/2005 7:32:43 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Since mine will probably reach me first, it's too bad we didn't work out a deal where I take delivery of both of our rifles, and send you one of them...After I inspect both, of course...
Link Posted: 4/16/2005 6:07:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Since mine will probably reach me first, it's too bad we didn't work out a deal where I take delivery of both of our rifles, and send you one of them...After I inspect both, of course...

You're a crule man.
Link Posted: 4/17/2005 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#23]
So whats the goin waiting time now for a greek rack grade Springfield from them? Bout a month?
Link Posted: 4/18/2005 4:31:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Greek HRA RG sent March 18, on the estore as recieved on the 29th and still nothing.  

It Shipped!  I will have it tommorow
Link Posted: 4/18/2005 7:32:16 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It Shipped!  I will have it tommorow

Good for you......maybe good for me/maybe not.   You watch; I'm leaving on Thurs and won't be back until Sat. night.  My wife will be thrilled when she sees mine show up.  I'm hoping mine won't ship now, at least until next Monday.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2005 8:44:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Got mine, it's got a thin coating of cosmolene and mismatched wood, but the wood itself is in good shape, and the fit of the stock to the action is very tight, so I will probably leave it until I get a new walnut stock for cosmetic reasons.  I cleaned out the barrel and the rifling is pretty sharp, although I have no way of measuring throat and muzzle erosion.  I'll have to wait until I get to the range to see what kind of shape it's in.  Except for the bands on the handguards, the finish is 98%!  For a Greek racker, I think I got a great deal-now to see how it shoots clean the cosmo off.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2005 9:27:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Well shoot! Status is now "Editing"  

My rifles status is changing. My credit card has been charged.  They will probably ship tomorrow.  

Crap; I'm going to be gone until Sat night.  My wife wouldn't normally care, but this last month was a tight son of a bitch.  She is not going to be happy.  I need a story.   We have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy about gun buys at my house.  I'll just tell her that I spent the rest of my AR build money on it.  

Edited to add:
Status now ="processing"  

I'm excited.......and afraid
Link Posted: 4/20/2005 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/20/2005 5:04:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mine is online. Shows to be posted as of 03/31. Status: Open.

Waiting for a M1 Garand HRA, Rack Grade, Greek Issue myself.

Hell, I wish they would give an option, at this point, I'd take a HRA or SA, whichever shipped faster.

Still no change.

THIS IS BULLSHIT!!  

Ours both posted on the 31st.  I"ll bet yours will start processing tomorrow.  Except for a few weird exceptions, this thread has shown a pretty good pattern.  Guys that got their rifles processed two days ago, had their orders posted on the 29th, so I'm guessing your day will be tomorrow.  Heck, they both might ship tomorrow.  Mine is still "processing", and no shipping date has been announced yet.   They will probably go out the same day.

If it makes you feel any better, my "next day air" from Fedex will probably(normally) take two days, and we will get them the same time.  I live in BFE.

The really good news is I told my wife, and she is not pissed!  She even knew what an M1 was when I told her what was coming.  I love her.
Link Posted: 4/20/2005 5:47:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Hate to rub it in Mbsk01, but I mailed my order for a Greek HRA SG on 4/8.  Website shows its shipped.  Maybe they are a little backed up on RGs since it looks like that is what most folks ordered.  I expected at least a month.  Hell, I don't even have any ammo or clips yet.

Link Posted: 4/22/2005 5:45:38 AM EDT
[#31]
My GK HRA RG order posted on estore 3/31 and they are being delivered today

They are here, two pretty nice HRA RG's, one has a like new LMR barrel

Link Posted: 4/24/2005 7:34:18 AM EDT
[#32]
My Rack Grade HRA Greeks, ordered on 3/18, posted on estore 3/31, arived Friday 4/22.....while I was gone.    They look great; better than I expected!  One has a mis-matched front handguard that looks a little oversized, and new, but the stocks look great!  The metal looks about 80%.  The barrels are dated 11-54, and 4-55.  I'll post picts later.  I'm so excited!
Link Posted: 4/26/2005 5:17:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/27/2005 1:51:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

UPDATE 2: April 15, ammo shows shipped, no change in rifle status.

NEW UPDATE: April 27, Estore status changed from open to processing late in the afternoon. No serial numbers or ship date yet.
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 4:16:33 PM EDT
[#35]

I just ordered my Greek HRA Service Grade on 4/28.      

Da' time...she passes more slow now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 4:24:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/2/2005 12:27:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Greek RG HRA was showing as processing over the weekend.

NOW IT SHOWS SHIPPED!!!  WOOHOO!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2005 10:41:15 AM EDT
[#38]

Rec'd Customer # today...hopefully more info to following. Mailed in 4/28...this would be nice to have for Memorial Day Weekend. Come on CMP....
Link Posted: 5/4/2005 11:02:23 AM EDT
[#39]
RECIEVED!!!

Greek HRA Racker.  What a sweet rifle.  4-55 barrel.  SA Hammer and trigger group.  HRA rear sight, and Bolt.  Walnut stock with a good fit to the reciever.

I'm really pleased with this one.  Nice smooth action...I can't wait to shoot her.

Cabby
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Got my Greek HRA SG baby today. Took it home at lunch to give it the once over. So far so great!

The HG's are like new and need to be dulled down a bit with some BLO and the stock has minor dings, a good cleaning and fresh BLO should produce good results. Plus make it and the HG's  wood a closer color match. The finish on all the metal parts is 90% or better. Just a little wear on the HRA bolt and the HRA GC plug, that's it!

The reciever has either never been fired, or never been fired post new-parker job. I mean zero wear (all the pristine finish is still there) in the Op Bolt groove!! Can this be? The butt-plate is worn.

I'll be cleaning the everthing tonight and will worry about stock later.

Thanks CMP for the new obession!
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 5:55:11 PM EDT
[#41]

Sent in order for  Greek service grade on 5/10
recieved acknowledgement that order was recieved on 5/17  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:38:26 AM EDT
[#42]
USGI HRA Service Grade.  Sent in Feb 1.  

149 ahead of me.  

Won't y'all just switch yours so I can get mine sometime this year!

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:55:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Wow, I didn't expect this!    Thanks CMP!!!

Took it down last night. Stripped, degreased, regreased, sanded and BLO'd and couldn't be happier.
Everything was HRA on this SG Greek...Trigger assy (trigger and hammer), op rod, bolt, sites, gc plug. The s/n matches the barrel production date of 05-55.

The stock cleaned up nicely. I started with warm water, Murphy's Oil Soap and a Scotchbrite pad to remove the gunk. Step sanded from 100 to 400 grit and BLO'd it. Came out nice, rrreal nice. The scrathes came out, and the minor dings are even less noticable. The HG's are old, but in new condition / newer then the stock and are a shade lighter. They were not sanded and had something rubbed into them. I hit them with some 220 grit to remove the roughness and BLO's them. I can't see doing anything further, everything is great! Everything locks up tight!

So other then money, what's the difference between what I got, a SG and the CG ?

Crap, now I need to buy another one..or two
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:53:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Starting the timer on my order.  Mailed in the order form on Monday for a Service Grade H&R Greek and a Remington M1903A3.  We'll see how long it takes.

A question for all you cosmoline-removal pros.  One of the methods I've seen involves melting the cosmoline off using various means.  Anyone try wrapping the rifle in an old sheet and sticking it in the attic crawlspace for a few weeks?  Seems like the temperature in the attic in summer should be enough to melt most of the cosmoline off and make the final clean-up a bit easier.  Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 11:02:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Greek SA SG got home yesterday

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top