Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2004 7:49:41 AM EDT
Well, I'm back at school and have a little down-time to check out these forums. I was working with the Post Office all summer and pulled some long shifts (one 2 week paycheck averaged 90-110 hrs). I think it was worth it. I picked up one of the Rack Grade Greek Issue M-1s.  Including membership in a CMP affiliated club, total cost was around $350. Stock is covered with Greek graffiti, which adds a ton of character. Bore is plenty good for what I intend to do.  I had to replace the gas tube section for my peace of mind (the one on it was really loose, but my dad had an extra which fits much tighter now).  Now the amazing part. I mailed out the check and paperwork on the 6th of July and had it by the 25th or something. Super fast turn around. I love the thing. Now all I'm waiting on is more en blocs and accessories. I brought it with me to see if I can bring it into one of my classes. I'm trying to get into a History of WWII class, and I thought it would be fun to let them see history. That's why I also brought my 91/59 M-N carbine. Made 1943, refinished/upgraded later. Beautiful piece. I'm looking at my next gun show to see if I can come up with an RC Mauser. I may just use the money to buy a newly "un-banned" something (FAL, AK, etc), but we'll see. The whole point of this mess was to say that CMP rocks and if anyone is thinking about getting a Garand from them--GO FOR IT !!!!  Just thought I'd add a note: I just had a chance to add the class, so this semester should be fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top