Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 8/30/2013 1:17:32 PM EDT
I have a Ceiner but the parts for the CMMG are twice as cheap. Are they interchangeable? I need a back up automatic sear and anti-bounce kit.
Thank you gentleman.

Also wheres the cheapest place for that?
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 2:06:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Please help....anyone?
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 2:08:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 2:08:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 8:14:57 AM EDT
[#4]
You will have to grind off the tit on the back of the cmmg weight to use on the ceiner kit. I got my kit directly from cmmg.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 4:12:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I put it right kn there and it worked without ammo just listening to the hammer drop holding the trigger and cycling by hand. Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I put it right kn there and it worked without ammo just listening to the hammer drop holding the trigger and cycling by hand. Am I missing something?
View Quote

The CMMG anti-bounce weight needs to be modified to work on an older (Ciener style) frame, or you won't be able to cycle the bolt all the way.  New-design CMMG frames have a notch at the back to pass the protruding part of their weight, which is used with the forward assist system.  Ciener frames lack the notch, so rearward travel is less than it should be.

To restore full bolt travel, either take off the tit on the weight, or cut a notch in your Ciener frame.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 5:36:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a old weight with no serrations for forward assist. Pm me if you want a picture. Maybe I can help you out. I don't know who made it but it is very different from my cmmg parts.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 9:17:18 PM EDT
[#8]
kk guys  need help here. The bolt cycle great with the sear in, but the weight on top jams it up after 2 rounds. The top part came with the forward assist notches. Explain to me which is easier to modify the ceiner conversion or the cmmg anti-bounce weight? Also can I just not use it? What are the pluses and minuses if I do?

THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE HELP
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:00:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
kk guys  need help here. The bolt cycle great with the sear in, but the weight on top jams it up after 2 rounds. The top part came with the forward assist notches. Explain to me which is easier to modify the ceiner conversion or the cmmg anti-bounce weight? Also can I just not use it? What are the pluses and minuses if I do?

THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE HELP
View Quote

The notches don't go far enough back to work from full open unless you notch the frame.  No one really cares about that, so it'll work just fine in the last 1 1/2" of travel whether you do anything or not.  If you're OK with less full travel on the bolt, and everything works OK, then you can just leave yours alone.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#10]
So are you saying just dont use the anti-bounce weight?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:50:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So are you saying just dont use the anti-bounce weight?
View Quote

I'm saying if it runs OK as-is, just leave the weight in there like it is.

Doesn't sound like that's the case though, so if it were mine, I'd notch the frame to restore full travel with the weight installed.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:58:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Is this what you are looking for?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:30:39 PM EDT
[#13]
that's what my anti-bounce weight looks like except it has not use on the right side for the forward assist to be able to function. should I just not put that in and use it without the anti-bounce weight or if I was to use the anti-bounce weight what do I need to do to modify that to make it work with my Ceiner conversion kit?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:31:58 PM EDT
[#14]
what feels like it is going on inside my upper is with the anti-bounce weight it sticks in the rear and almost feels like there's sand or grime not making it move smoothly but when I take it out the auto sear trips perfectly and everything runs fine but I'm still worried about out of battery fire. should I be?
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:01:19 AM EDT
[#15]
If you want this one I will send it to you. Pm me.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top