Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2012 1:39:55 PM EDT
Sorry..I tired to search but nothing came up.

Do I still need a CLEO Signature on a Form 1?   Individual.

About ready to send in another SBR. Have a few NFA items already and have never had any issue doing rhe Form 1 or 4. Was talking to somebody at local gun shop and was told the ATF did away with the CLEO signature requirement on Form 1s. I saw this was being talked about but did not know the ATF really did it.

Plese do not suggest "just do a trust". I have no issues having my CLEO sign the forms.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Sorry..I tired to search but nothing came up.

Do I still need a CLEO Signature on a Form 1?   Individual.

About ready to send in another SBR. Have a few NFA items already and have never had any issue doing rhe Form 1 or 4. Was talking to somebody at local gun shop and was told the ATF did away with the CLEO signature requirement on Form 1s. I saw this was being talked about but did not know the ATF really did it.

Plese do not suggest "just do a trust". I have no issues having my CLEO sign the forms.

Thanks

Yes. If the forms has the CLEO/photo section page, you're required to get it done.

And no, they haven't gotten rid of CLEO. If they did, they wouldn't allow Trust/corps. They would release new revise forms also if that was the case. NFA will get rid of CLEO but later in the future and when it HAPPENS, you won't beable to register any NFA to any entity unless you're LE/GOV entity. Everyone else besides the government will have to transfer as INDIVIDUAL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top