Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2001 5:42:23 AM EDT
I was thinking of picking one up and was curious if anyone has any experiences or opinions of them. Are there any CETME forums out there? Thanks to all who reply.

milcop.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:10:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one.  It is a Hessie with the HK type drum sights.  When I first got it, it shot to the left and high, about 12" high.  After a custom made front sight tool, and spent an afternoon sighting it in, I am much happier.  I can now keep all the shots inside the 9 ring, and about half of those in the 10 ring.  It is hard on the brass.  It still shoots to the left though.  I would stay away from the Century guns.  The rear sight is not adjustable and chances are you will not be able to sight the rifle in with only the front sight.

Mags are cheap, $10 at Tapco, and they are new.  I am going to sell mine.  It shoots OK, and is very simple to take apart, but I think I want a nice FAL instead.  If you want some pics or more info, email me.

Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:40:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:48:56 AM EDT
[#3]
One of my friends has one.  Not an impressive rifle.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 5:55:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Let me brag.  I have a *real* CETME, in fact I have had it for a week now.  Made in Spain, all of it, all original.  And it's nice.  These parts guns out there on the current market are very iffy.  Most of them at least look like junk, and some of them function like they look.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Here are the pics of mine.  One my friend got was a total POS.

Edited because I hit the wrong button.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Actual CETME board:

www.gunboards.com/forums/UltraBoard.cgi?action=Headlines&BID=30

Mine looks like a brand new gun and shoots well (I bought it about three months ago). The ones I've seen in shops lately don't look too good.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top