Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2009 5:52:04 AM EDT
I have a CETME and just found out about the ground bolts. I broke mine down to clean it and I am 99% sure mine is ground. Does anyone have a measurement for the overall lentgh it should be? I am going to order another complete bolt & carrier but depending on how much is ground off will that even be enough ti fix it or could I have to have the barrel reheadspaced to fix it if a lot was ground off?
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:09:33 AM EDT
[#1]
The way to tell if it was ground is to see if the edges are beveled or not. The ground ones are 90 degree, and the unground is beveled. All it does is give a false bolt gap reading.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:27:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea the eadges are pretty square. I am looking for info on another site also and was told that the bolt should be 1.835" and mine is 1.828" so it appears to have .007 ground off
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:27:46 AM EDT
[#3]
An un-ground bolt should be 1.835 inches - a bolt that's been groundbolt will be approx  0.010 inches shorter.

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:39:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info. The first time I measured the bolt it was in the carrier I removed it and measured 1.835 to 1.833 it feels like it is not square also. It is smaller on the bottom side where the groove is. Also the gap appears to be .012.

Looking at the pics it doesn't look so much ground almost. They may have taken very little off or maby just polished it? I did sandblast it to clean it up some, before I did that the rest of it was dark with worn places and the back of the bolt was silver polished looking.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:44:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks just like my Cetme's bolt.....ground!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top