Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2017 9:15:07 AM EDT
They have these camo Tavors cheaper than the others.
Was wondering if IWI had a run and discontinued them.
Also curious as to if the camo is a paint or coating.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:27:13 AM EDT
[#1]
OP now idea and I don't usually like digital camo but something about this I like.

Edit: According to a slick guns image it's done by tiger stripe products. Looking at their website it appears to be a water transfer film applied to the rifle. No idea how it would hold up.

See the tiger stripe logo on this pic?

Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:31:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I like it
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Water transfer films don't hold up indefinitely. They last longer with a clear coat over them. Most OEM companies don't apply a clear coat (or they use a really thin one).

If they used FDE as a base, then it won't look too horrible when it starts to rub off. It can all be purposefully removed when it starts looking crappy.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I must be too old for that digital camo
Looks awful to me
Was exited that it might be 80's NATO woodland, oh well, enjoy!
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#5]
It's cool that someone is offering this, but I don't like the digital stuff.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks awful to me
View Quote
Me too.

Link Posted: 4/3/2017 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Was a Davidson's exclusive that never did sell well so I am guessing they sold them all to CDNN for a deep discount to unload them.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 11:38:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 12:04:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, the digital pattern on these Tavors looks pretty bad. It appears their base color is gray.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 12:42:51 AM EDT
[#10]
looks almost like the new Dutch fractal camo pattern

Link Posted: 4/4/2017 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Not that it matters, but doesn't it look like an FDE base color under there?...or is this one of those "Where's Waldo?" deals?

Frankly, I find few camo patterns that have come, gone, and still here to be that bad.  Most look relatively decent...to me.  That said, color me old or maybe just plain, dull, and boring because I kind of like plain, black guns...pistols, rifles, bullpups, shotguns, etc.  My Tavor is a FDE, but it's all I could find back when I bought it.  I don't dislike it by any means, but I would have been quite happy with plain black.  I guess I do have one color that for no particular reason has never pushed my "like button"...OD green.  To me it's just the most uninspiring color that exists...even though I realize that's part of the intent.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 11:07:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Was a Davidson's exclusive that never did sell well so I am guessing they sold them all to CDNN for a deep discount to unload them.
View Quote
This is where most of CDNN's merchandise comes from.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 11:08:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is where most of CDNN's merchandise comes from.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 3:42:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Water transfer films don't hold up indefinitely. They last longer with a clear coat over them. Most OEM companies don't apply a clear coat (or they use a really thin one).

If they used FDE as a base, then it won't look too horrible when it starts to rub off. It can all be purposefully removed when it starts looking crappiy.
View Quote
If you pull a close up of the left side photo you can look at the channel for the charging handle. It looks like FDE to me... if I had any available bank I would likely be all over one.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 4:53:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I agree on the multicam.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Looks awful to me
View Quote
this
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top