Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 7:28:26 PM EDT

Would you guys be kind enough to post some pics of Khaki/CB gear worn over ACU and MARPAT? I have heard that it was clash quite dramatically (the ACU and Khaki).

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Click to enlarge.

The dust covering them sort of evens is out a bit though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!

It looks like the closest soldier likes Oakleys...are those Okaley boots that he's wearing with the gloves?

Thanks for the pic.

Any more ?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:06:52 AM EDT
[#3]
First guy is wearing Oakley boots, which are actually no longer authorized (pretty stupid that the Army changes its mind since the slide presentation that HAD to be seen about the ACU's included a full slide showing these boots as alright...but then...that's the Army).  

As for glasses, odds are they are Wiley X.  I say this because it's what's most available in Clothing Sales and too, they're standard issue going to the desert.  However, many buy (or already have) their own glasses.  Rudy Project USA is another VERY popular brand.  These in particular are my preferred brand as they support the shooting sports a hell of a lot more than Oakley and are very comfortable and are affordable, without ANY sacrifice in quality.

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic
249th MP Detachment (EACF)
Camp Humphreys, ROK

ETA:  If y'all are interested in the glasses, let me know.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:18:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
First guy is wearing Oakley boots, which are actually no longer authorized (pretty stupid that the Army changes its mind since the slide presentation that HAD to be seen about the ACU's included a full slide showing these boots as alright...but then...that's the Army).  

As for glasses, odds are they are Wiley X.  I say this because it's what's most available in Clothing Sales and too, they're standard issue going to the desert.  However, many buy (or already have) their own glasses.  Rudy Project USA is another VERY popular brand.  These in particular are my preferred brand as they support the shooting sports a hell of a lot more than Oakley and are very comfortable and are affordable, without ANY sacrifice in quality.

Camp Humphreys, ROK

Heh...

On the original subject, our CIF issue creates a nice mix for those who wear ACUs -> Kakhi pads, BDU ECW jacket, BDU helmet cover, BDU IBA,  DCU camelbak, & black cold-weather boots... And so on...

Fully suited up I'm demonstrating every camo pattern except arctic white & choc-o-chip...

SPC Dave_A
602 ASB
Camp Hymphreys, ROK
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:28:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Heh...

On the original subject, our CIF issue creates a nice mix for those who wear ACUs -> Kakhi pads, BDU ECW jacket, BDU helmet cover, BDU IBA,  DCU camelbak, & black cold-weather boots... And so on...

Fully suited up I'm demonstrating every camo pattern except arctic white & choc-o-chip...

SPC Dave_A602 ASB
Camp Hymphreys, ROK

Don't worry - we have the same issue in the Tropic Lightning Division as well...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:58:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:41:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Camp Humphreys, ROK

Heh...

SPC Dave_A
602 ASB
Camp Hymphreys, ROK

Okay...so I just spit up half a coke on my computer.  That's so scarily true.  Don't tell me that it's all ate up though in Hawaii.  That's where I'm supposed to be going in September.  Arrrrg!!!

Camp Humphreys, ROK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top