Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2005 12:21:41 PM EDT
I just got in the DOJ HK94 I ordered from Phoenix Distributors.  

I know some have been requesting pictures of the CA DOJ HK's, so here they are:

It's got some finish wear, needs a little cleaning, but is in very good condition.  The bore is great. It will serve as a great foundation for a sear host!  

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks very nice!  The finish isn't that bad either.  Looks like the lower took the brunt of the wear.  Any chance you might tell us what you paid for it?

Spooky
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 2:03:57 PM EDT
[#2]
And contact info for Phoenix Distributors....
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Looks very nice!  The finish isn't that bad either.  Looks like the lower took the brunt of the wear.  Any chance you might tell us what you paid for it?

Spooky

The lower is actually in very good shape... the flash makes it look like the lower left hand corner of the housing and middle of the magazine, is faded.  You can also see the square shaped outline on the lower.  There was some sort of sticker there.  I haven't yet oiled up the gun or anything.  This is exactly how I received it, minus the sticker.  Total cost was $2000!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
And contact info for Phoenix Distributors....

I've got it at work.  Will add it to this post tomorrrow.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Spooky

The lower is actually in very good shape... the flash makes it look like the lower left hand corner of the housing and middle of the magazine, is faded.  You can also see the square shaped outline on the lower.  There was some sort of sticker there.  I haven't yet oiled up the gun or anything.  This is exactly how I received it, minus the sticker.  Total cost was $2000 shipped!

AWESOME deal!  

Spooky
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:30:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I was able to find their contact info on the net.  Here it is:

Phoenix Distributors
(215) 953-8602  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:51:09 AM EDT
[#8]
$2,000 for a real HK94.  Even if it's a little banged up, that sounds like a damn good deal.  I'd thought these were fetching between $3-4,000 depending on the condition?  What's the catch?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
$2,000 for a real HK94.  Even if it's a little banged up, that sounds like a damn good deal.  I'd thought these were fetching between $3-4,000 depending on the condition?  What's the catch?

Story has it that there were 420 of them imported for the California Dept of Corrections.  They traded them in to HK and HK is selling them off.  Only catch is that they are a little worn on the outside, practically new inside, there have been a number of them with electro-penciled numbers near the ejection port, and that they are almost all gone!  

I think it has been confirmed that these were actually imported after the 89 ban but are legal because they were imported for LEO use only - not for us civies.  Oh, all of this has been ATF approved or so I've heard.  I imagine that HK would likely check all the laws, dot all the I's and cross all their T's.  Luckily they are HK94s not MP5s with semi-trigger packs installed.  I've seen them running from $1800 to $2900 (refinished).  No catch really, just had to be there with cash in hand...  Honestly, the one posted here is one of the nicest ones I've seen.

Spooky
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:15:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I've seen a few show up here in the People's Republic of Maryland, but the dealers felt compelled to add a grand to the price you paid. Most were very worn looking. Considering  like-new 94's can be found for $3000, I thought this was high. If I found one like yours for 2K I'd have to go for it.

Congrats on your purchase. Give us a range report when you get a chance.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:14:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Even if they are "cosmetically challenged," they would make great sear hosts because it's likely they will need refinishing anyway following being rebarreled. I went and ordered one up for me for that reason.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:25:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Even if they are "cosmetically challenged," they would make great sear hosts because it's likely they will need refinishing anyway following being rebarreled. I went and ordered one up for me for that reason.

For sure.... and if you're going to have it remarked (I can't think of any reason not too) then you'll definitely need it refinished.  Now the question is, who should I send it too???
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:27:50 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Story has it that there were 420 of them imported for the California Dept of Corrections.  They traded them in to HK and HK is selling them off.  Only catch is that they are a little worn on the outside, practically new inside, there have been a number of them with electro-penciled numbers near the ejection port, and that they are almost all gone!  

I think it has been confirmed that these were actually imported after the 89 ban but are legal because they were imported for LEO use only - not for us civies.  Oh, all of this has been ATF approved or so I've heard.  I imagine that HK would likely check all the laws, dot all the I's and cross all their T's.  Luckily they are HK94s not MP5s with semi-trigger packs installed.  I've seen them running from $1800 to $2900 (refinished).  No catch really, just had to be there with cash in hand...  Honestly, the one posted here is one of the nicest ones I've seen.

Spooky

I was told there was around 800 guns.  A guy from Phoenix Distributors told me they bought 150 of them.  

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:42:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, I called up Phoenix Distributors and placed my order.  Just had a Special Weapons clone built for me by Jayson at IGF that I'm going to SBR - but I couldn't resist a real HK at this price.  Guy said there were only one or two left.  Hopefully they didn't sell all the good ones first and I'm not going to end up with one that's been beat to hell.  He said they were in excellent condition.  Worst case scenario I'll spend a few dollars more and get it refinished.

Up until now, all my guns have been shooters and not really bought with any intention of ever selling them.  I'll certainly shoot this one from time to time as well since its clearly not NIB.  However, I do look on this gun as a potential investment as well.  They're not importing any more of these and I figure if I take good care of it over the next few years I should at least be able to get what I paid for it if I decide to sell it.

I don't know if I should thank rssc for putting me on to this deal, or curse him for making me spend money on yet another gun purchase.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:55:58 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For sure.... and if you're going to have it remarked (I can't think of any reason not too) then you'll definitely need it refinished.  Now the question is, who should I send it too???

So what's the reason to have it remarked?  Is it just for the cool factor?

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:27:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what's the reason to have it remarked?  Is it just for the cool factor?

It's mostly for the people that want to use a registered sear and/or would like a gun that's as close to an MP5 as possible (without buying a RR transferable).  There is no functional benefit to having it remarked.  If you're going to SBR it, pay to have a 3 lug barrel installed, have a paddle mag release put on, and a refinish... why not go a little extra and have it remarked "MP5" before the refinish?  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:51:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Well, I called up Phoenix Distributors and placed my order.  Just had a Special Weapons clone built for me by Jayson at IGF that I'm going to SBR - but I couldn't resist a real HK at this price.  Guy said there were only one or two left.  Hopefully they didn't sell all the good ones first and I'm not going to end up with one that's been beat to hell.  He said they were in excellent condition.  Worst case scenario I'll spend a few dollars more and get it refinished.

Up until now, all my guns have been shooters and not really bought with any intention of ever selling them.  I'll certainly shoot this one from time to time as well since its clearly not NIB.  However, I do look on this gun as a potential investment as well.  They're not importing any more of these and I figure if I take good care of it over the next few years I should at least be able to get what I paid for it if I decide to sell it.

I don't know if I should thank rssc for putting me on to this deal, or curse him for making me spend money on yet another gun purchase.

You sell guns?  I think you need to be banned from ARFcom now!  I agree with your assessment though - these real deal HKs will only increase in price since no more are coming in - hell, I don't think HK even makes a HK94 style gun anymore (their MP5s don't count since once a machine gun always a machine gun because they use push pin lowers).

Spooky
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:01:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Ha, I know what you mean...  I really wasn't in the market for a 94 right now but at that price, I just couldn't resist.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#19]
So far I've only functioned in buy mode.  However, after several years the safe is basically full.  Besides, this is probably the most I've ever spent on a single purchase (certainly the most I've ever paid for a gun that's not NIB).  Talk of maybe selling it some day is just my way of trying to rationalize this purchase.  

So can I be reinstated now?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
So far I've only functioned in buy mode.  However, after several years the safe is basically full.  Besides, this is probably the most I've ever spent on a single purchase (certainly the most I've ever paid for a gun that's not NIB).  Talk of maybe selling it some day is just my way of trying to rationalize this purchase.  

So can I be reinstated now?

Ok, you're back in...  The parallels to my reasoning are frightening!  Besides, buy mode is more fun!  I have only sold one gun - an HK USP in .45 Auto - it was just too big for my hand - I replaced it with a USP Expert in .40SW so I'm not sure I can call it "selling" really.  

Spooky
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
[I was told there was around 800 guns.  A guy from Phoenix Distributors told me they bought 150 of them.  

When I called them were down to 5. When I was done talking to them, they had 3 left...  Couldn't help it.... one to SBR as a sear host, the other for a rainy day. When they get in I will post pics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top