Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2006 7:03:53 PM EDT
Ok, I've settled on the Ruger 10/22 as that's what my dad had and I like 'em.  I think I want the black synthetic with the stainless barrel.  Is there really much difference between the stainless and blued as far as accuracy ect?  I'm tempted to get the bull barrel one that Old Painless just did theboxotruth on, but it's a little more than I want to spend as this will mainly be my wifes gun.  Also, does the bull barrel make that much of a difference?  I don't plan on any competitive shooting, and it's more of a trainer for my wife.  Any advice would be nice.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the stainless barrel just look nicer but cost more and no advantage over the blue barrel. It's hard for me to tell the difference between the std. barrel and the bull barrel since I'm only using it for plinking purpose and both shoot just fine at pop cans etc. The bull barrel weigh more and mine is a 20" barrel so it feels more like a regular rifle while the std. ruger setup feels like a kiddy rifle. I think your wife should try out the std. ruger before getting a bull barrel. Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:57:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you!  That's what I was thinking, but I wanted to make sure.  Yeah, I kindof want just the blued, but she want's something pretty.  Hey, if it gets her into shooting, I'll get whatever she wants.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top