Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 5/29/2003 4:01:55 PM EST
I have a lower and intend to buy an upper in the next couple of months. Do I go ahead and get a preban with the assumption that the ban will sunset?

It seems a shame to buy a post ban now.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:03:00 PM EST
It's over a year away before we will know. That's a long time.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:03:21 PM EST

I'm in the same boat, except I'm looking for barrels.

I've got two builds nearly done, less barrel and stock.

I think I'll wait a while and see how things play out. But, if by next spring, things look as good as they do now, I'm buying two preban barrels and a collapsable stock. I figure is I wait until Sep. 13, there will be a HUGE backorder.

Besides, its easier to convert a preban barrel to postban, than vise-versa, should the ban be extended.

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:13:48 PM EST
I would, but it's your life.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:24:26 PM EST
I don't feel like waiting! I had to sell a lot of guns to pay bills and I'll only get to do this once in the next couple of years. I have a 20" Colt now but I want a carbine!

At least to have one the gun rack while I'm watching BHD, FMJ etc.
Top Top