Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2001 4:07:32 PM EDT
I am thinking about buying a Browning M1919 in 308 cal. from US Ordnance.  Is this a reliable gun?  What kind of feeding problems and what kind of parts and manuels do I need to get right away?  What's a feedway shield?  What 's your opinion on this gun; is it worth the money?

Link Posted: 11/18/2001 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#1]
check out www.1919a4.com
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 10:14:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Rapid Fire of Ohio 1919a4, it is a BLAST.  The quality is good, the stamping of the name and s/n are cheesy.  My buddy has an Ohio Ord 1919, it is nice looking and runs like a champ as well.  I have a spade grip, a must for squirting out the rounds.
A feedway shield is a thin piece of stainless that keep the links(not belts) from cutting a grove in the top of the reciever. A good 8 dollar investment.
A company call IMA sells a Bren tripod for 125 dollars and you can get an adaptor for 175 and have a really nice tripod set-up.  A6 version means laying in the dirt.  Buy a case of links(2000) or the 10000 links and loader for 325 if you have the cash.
I like mine a lot, it is a blast and the cool factor is 10.  It makes old geezers run for the range officer like you would not believe.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 4:04:01 AM EDT
[#3]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=67255

Don't know if he has still got it, but this seems like a great deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top