Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2007 1:13:50 PM EDT
If you have a butler creek folding stock for a 10/22, a couple questions:

Is your action somewhat loose in the stock. I had to put the barrel band on mine due to the looseness.

How did you fix it?

Would bedding compound help fix this stock?

I like the folding stock, so I am going to keep it, it is just loose around the rear of the reciever.

Thanks for any and all help.
-dan
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:15:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one, fits just like the factory stock.  Are their significant differences in different generations of 10/22s like there are in Mini-14s?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have one, fits just like the factory stock.  Are their significant differences in different generations of 10/22s like there are in Mini-14s?

There was a little piece of plastic about the size of a quarter that fell out of the stock it said 10/22 on it.  Did yours have a seperate piece?

My factory stock was tight with the reiever with no movement, even w/o the barrel band.

The new stock, you can push the rear of the reciever and move the action noticably, even with the barrel band attached.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:25:37 PM EDT
[#3]
the ones Ive seen didnt have a seperate peice like that.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:28:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
the ones Ive seen didnt have a seperate peice like that.

Yeah, I think it was just part of the molding process or something.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top