Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2004 8:03:48 PM EDT
Anyone try one yet? I'm considering outfitting the 10/22 and the Mini-14 (yeah, yeah, I know, I know) but was wondering how solid a lockup you get and how comfortable they are to shoot.  Any input?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:07:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a ten year old BC folder for my Mini-14.  It's a very nice stock.  I imagine the new ones are also.

None of these folding stocks are too comfortable.<G>

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Anyone try one yet? I'm considering outfitting the 10/22 and the Mini-14 (yeah, yeah, I know, I know) but was wondering how solid a lockup you get and how comfortable they are to shoot.  Any input?

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:11:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The Butler Creek and Choate folders both give very solid, reliable lockup.  They are both easy to open and close.  Very little "wiggle" when open and locked.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:59:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I looked at the Butler Creek stocks years ago, before the ban. They seemed real solid and well built.

Cabela's has the best price I've seen lately.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:19:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Have one for sale for Winchester 1300 SG.  Very solid, well-built peice of equipment.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:26:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:14:56 AM EDT
[#6]
The only time I cared much for my old Ruger Mini 14 was when it sported a a Butler Creek SS folding stock.  (I can't remember the exact model of my Mini but it had a threaded barrel with a bird cage flash suppresor on it, all in stainless)  The BC stock was a definite plus in my book. Alas, even the folding stock couldn't make me want to continue to own the Mini and it all went down the road.

Sly
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#7]
The Choate mechanism is all metal too, and quite similar to the Butler Creek.  The main difference is that Choate has overmolded much of the stock with the same Zytel plastic as the main part, in effect, making a cheekrest.

Both Butler Creek and Choate come in SS and blued versions.

Interesting thing about the Butler Creek, has a "trapdoor" pistol grip.

Choate was available in black and camo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top