Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 3:25:02 AM EDT
[. . . and yes, I can handle it.]his  Nothing against those guys, but they seem to be purists overthere . . .hat

Any comments based on first-hand experience are appreciated.Any other reasonably priced 16" or 16.5" factory contour barrels out there?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#1]
You might have a better audience in the 10/22 Forum. I'm sure that many more 10/22 owners will see your post there than in this forum.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:15:26 PM EDT
[#2]
The only drawback I know of is the cost!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:12:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You might have a better audience in the 10/22 Forum. I'm sure that many more 10/22 owners will see your post there than in this forum. hr

. . . good idea
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:32:36 PM EDT
[#4]
The BC is crap.  Get a Green Mountain factory contour, fluted.  Very accurate and very light.

IMO.

Eric  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:48:24 AM EDT
[#5]
This is the Butler Creek i'm speaking of... not higher quality MFRs...
all CF barrels are Not created equal!

The BC barrel is first off, not really CF. Its some type of mixture, I forgot exactly and I don't wish to mis-quote anything. Anyhow, the problem with these is essentially contraction/expansion, and POI shifting as a result. The effects can be seen just having the barrel out in the sun.

So, its not a very wise purchase. That said, BC's stainless barrels have a decent enough rep.
I would go with Tactical solutions or Green mountain myself. For both cost and performance.

Rimfire central is a good board, they have not steered me wrong there. Not much of a "bandwagon" for any specific brands, and yes.. they're down on BC CF barrels, but by all accounts, for good reason. First and foremost, calling them carbon fiber IS deceptive marketing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top