Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2004 8:02:18 PM EDT
I am considering getting a laser rangefinder. I know a little bit about Bushnell, Nikon, and Leica. I do not need top of the line. My goal is simply to have one so when I go to the National Forest I can set up an impromptu range with a known yardage. I am considering the Bushnell Scout, which is compact, has scan mode, and reads through some foreground clutter. I'd like to know if the lenses on these are glass or plastic. Does anyone know?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:00:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure about the scout, but my older model 400 has plastic lenses.

It's about seven years old, and the lenses still look like new.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:21:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I think for the money that the Nikon is better. That's what I have.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:28:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Bushnell scout, and the lenses are glass. I like it; like you, I didn't need anything fancy, and I bought it for the exact reason you want one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top