Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 12/8/2002 5:30:43 PM EDT
Has anyone tried or use a Bushnell Holosight on an AR15 (or any other gun). Do you like it? Any problems? Pros/Cons? Suggested mounts fo an AR15?

I looked at two today at a gunshow here in KC and both were blurry, regardless of brightness. Both were the 1moa dot w/65 circle. My friend comfirmed it as well (he brought it up after I already noticed it). Are these normally good sights??

I noticed several different models on the web. Do all of the newer ones have the alloy hood to protect it? Is this only on certain models?

All comments appreciated.

scottMO
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 12:29:03 PM EDT
Do a search on EO-tech and you should find a wealth of info

I have a eo tech 511 and it mount right on my flat top. there are carry handle mounts

Hit the optic in the for sale it will take you to some more info. A couple of site partners sell them

The bushnell is the non milspec model only from what I heard.

I love mine
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 1:36:00 PM EDT
CMMG was demo'ing his .45 ACP AR15 with EOTech Holosight at the BRC last summer. It was awesome.

If I ever have a CQB gun, I will definately use that sight.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 2:20:32 PM EDT
I have the Bushnell Holosight and I have it mounted directly to my flat top. I really like it. The only problem is that it takes 2 hands to turn it off (pressing 2 buttons simultaneously). I think you can only get the hood with the EoTech sight.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 2:50:50 PM EDT
I own 2 and love them. One is gen 1 and the other is a gen 2.

I mounted mine directly to the flattop. If you have a handle, I suggest the forward carry handle mount used with the Aimpoint Comp.

Are you sure it was fuzzy? If you look close at the reticle, it's actually etched and looks slightly crystalline. Also, try lowering the intensity.

I highly recommend them.

It provides a great field of view.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 3:14:39 PM EDT
Gummy,

Yep, both were blurry. It was almost like there were 2 circle images, slightly off centered from each other. We did play w/the intensity and it didnt seem to help. These were both at the same table so I'm hoping this was a bad batch/lot?? It doesnt sound like others have experienced this. One at a different table had a very clear/sharp image. I was starting to worry when 2 out of the only 3 I had come across were not what I expected. The blurry dealer wanted 329.00 for the 511 and 429.00 for the 552? NV model, plus tax. Since they are 50-100 cheaper on the net, I was initially worried about buying sight unseen.

scottMO
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 4:03:47 PM EDT
I bought both of mine from SWFA (riflescopes.com). I found their pricing to be the best. Check the "sample list" for blow-outs. I buy all of my optics from them.

The reticle should definitely be single and sharp with both eyes open focusing on the target. If the outer glass is smeared or dirty, it will also look like you described.

Dave
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 4:51:03 PM EDT
Gummy,

That's good to hear. It was probably as simple as that. At a gunshow, I can only imagine how many monkeypaws have been on it.

scottMO
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 10:23:19 AM EDT
I don't know. I bought a 1st gen. from natchezss. Ist reticle was blurry and so is the second one I received from them. I didnt realize till now it's not the way they should be. I've got the crosshair circle with dot in center. Can I send this back to bushnell?
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 2:55:32 PM EDT
right2keep,

The 1st gen has a removable reticle. Try taking it out and cleaning both sides of it as well as the glass outer lens. Might be a simple fix.

Natchez sells refurbished as well as new. Did you buy a refurb? I've bought things from them and they've always taken care of any problems.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 3:19:01 PM EDT
Yep it's a refurb. Any special thing I should try cleaning it with? Don't want to hurt it.
Thanks...
R2K
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 3:21:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/12/2002 3:26:33 PM EDT by Ronnies111]
The EOTech is the most fantastic, fastest tactical sight for close range I have ever used.
swfa.com/riflescopes/eotech/index.html

$284.95 EOTech 510 Series, Tactical Model with Standard 2D Reticle Pattern
FREE Neoprene Protective Cover & FREE S&H w/Purchase ($30.00 Value)

Last saturday using the EO I set up 223 shell cases from 12 meters & picked them off as fast as I could pull the trigger, putting the shot through the center of the cases without tearing the sides, very very accurate & very fast. I can not praise it enough, I have it zeroed for only 12 meters for room entry drills like the swat teams commonly use.The EOtech is the SHIT & from SWFA A AR15.COM sponser it's cheaper than the Bushnell which is a cheaper version (non mil-spec) of EOTech.I have the 1 MOA single dot, get it you'll love it !

ONLY: $251 without the hood,EOTech 500 Series, Standard Model with Standard 2D Reticle Pattern
FREE Neoprene Protective Cover & FREE S&H w/Purchase ($30.00 Value)
Top Top