Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2002 10:37:22 AM EDT
I bought a Bushmaster M4 post ban clone a few months ago. Took it to the Long Island Calverton shoot and tried it out for the first time. Now, after cleaning it I noticed the fake collapsible stock is loose. The ring that holds it to the receiver is loose, I've tightened it best I can by hand, but.. that's not working. What sort of 'spanner' wrench do I need to tighten this thing? And, does anyone local to Suffolk have one that I could borrow.. :)

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Hi,

There IS a specific wrench used to tighten the Telestocks. It costs about 18$ and I would suggest getting one as you may need it several times in the life of your weapon. Bushmaster sells them in their gunsmithing section. I would let you borrow mine but I am way out here in New Mexico.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 10:59:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok, will go to their site and look for it. Thanks for the reply.. :)
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 11:13:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I would reccomend the 'heavy duty' version.  You can really torque down on the ring with it and it stays put when your done.  I used to have to retighten every now and then but, since I got the beast, its been solid as a rock!
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 12:20:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd just go ahead and get the heavy duty armorer's wrench. I've seen the DPMS version on gunbroker for $29. Then you can not only work on telestocks, but you can also re-barrel if wanted. Just make sure you get the heavy duty one, whatever brand you buy.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 12:29:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Add blue Loctite to your treads, and it should be fine.  Specs calls for 40 inch lbs. of pressure on the locking ring, so it's rather light.  Just don't over torque it!
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 1:50:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Add blue Loctite to your treads, and it should be fine.  Specs calls for 40 inch lbs. of pressure on the locking ring, so it's rather light.  Just don't over torque it!

Spec also calls for the ring to be staked in place.  But I agree the Blue LocTite is a better choice for civilian rifles.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll second the DPMS wrench. Excellent quality. Good price.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I just looked at my Colt Car model. The ring differs from the Bushmaster. It has round holes in it's center for tightening purposes, unlike the square notches on the Bushie. Plus, it's staked in 3 places, I doubt my Colts will loosen up like the once fired Bushie.. :) I wonder if that tool from Bushie will/would work on a Colt as well.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#9]
BuLLet,

it will
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top