Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2002 7:20:26 AM EDT
Anyone had any experience with this rifle?  Any idea on cost?

I'm relatively new to the whole gun scene.  I've had a .270 for probably 15 years, but rarely have any occassion to shoot it.  I'd like to get into target shooting at decent distances.  Would this gun be a waste of my money, or should I stick with my .270?  I think part of my interest in the Bushmaster rifle is the looks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:30:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome Particle.......

Are you interested in HighPower service rifle competitions?
You'll need a DCM 20" AR.

Do you want to shoot long range (500+)?
The Bushy varmiter would be a good choice.

Are you just interested in less than 300 yard shooting?
The Bushy 16"/ M4s versions might be the ticket for ya.

BTW - there are other brands, Colt, Armalite and RockRiver to name a few.

Good Luck,
Mike

PS - see link up top ("INFORMATION") to get to the BushMaster web-site.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:11:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Not really interested in competition yet.  I would just be doing it for fun.

Yeah, I'd like to be able to shoot the 500+ stuff.  Don't know where I can actually shoot those distances unless I can find someone with a farm or something and lots of land.

The thing that drew me to the LR-24V was the group at 100yds (the size of a dime) and the looks.  It just looks cool!

Check this guy's review if you haven't seen it yet.
http://www.gunblast.com/Bushmaster_Varminter.htm
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:12:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Also, is there anything out there that can help with form and such to teach my self how to shoot accurately?  Book?  Video?  Web address?
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Any idea on cost?

$1K at www.impactguns.com/store/bushmaster.html, which is probably fair.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 10:14:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the plain Bushy V-match just as well and it is a bit cheaper.  I would also consider Rock River Arms as they offer a true stainlesssteel bull barrel for about the same money and there stuff has proven to be top notch lately.  I love cheap optics, but if you are going out to 500 yards+ you will need some nice glass, so save plenty of money for a scope and mounts.  Assumeing your .270 is a decent or better bolt gun, you can do extremely well with it at these ranges as the heavier bullet will do better in the wind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top