Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2017 4:04:58 PM EDT
Any suggestions for an inexpensive bump helmet to use with my PVS-7 ? I see Lancer, PT, and G-Force out there in the airsoft world but do not know which would suffice for my needs. I like the 1/2 shell or FAST style and need a shroud that will fit a Notoros. I have read that a lot of the Chinese stuff out there have shrouds that do not fit properly. Any feedback is appreciated. I am looking for something sub $100
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Any suggestions for an inexpensive bump helmet to use with my PVS-7 ? I see Lancer, PT, and G-Force out there in the airsoft world but do not know which would suffice for my needs. I like the 1/2 shell or FAST style and need a shroud that will fit a Notoros. I have read that a lot of the Chinese stuff out there have shrouds that do not fit properly. Any feedback is appreciated. I am looking for something sub $100
View Quote

I have a Lancer and it's ok but after about 4 miles it was really starting to get uncomfortable.

There is another one that SOT recommended to me but I forgot the name of it. I'm going to get that next to see if it's better.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anybody make a bump helmet that is not vented? I would love a lighter helmet, but it rains enough in Oregon that I like that my ACH doubles as a rain hat.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does anybody make a bump helmet that is not vented? I would love a lighter helmet, but it rains enough in Oregon that I like that my ACH doubles as a rain hat.
View Quote
Me too. Need something a bit more covered. When its cold or rainy, or both, i go to my ACH. But then, i no longer have the lightweight comfort of the opscore.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:52:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
As with many things in life, duct tape shall provide! 

(Or masking tape if you are even more temporary and don't want to scrub adhesive forever.)
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 3:39:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As with many things in life, duct tape shall provide! 

(Or masking tape if you are even more temporary and don't want to scrub adhesive forever.)
View Quote
... or just a sheet of plastic under your helmet cover, if you have one.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:04:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I gave serious thought to a night cap, but stuck with bump helmets. Here in the woods, I am forever bumping my head and, rarely, tripping.
DSG has the Pro Tec bump helmets on sale for 40 and 50 bucks right now.
I run a TNVC Ops Core, which has a mount molded in and is much more expensive. It looks like the PT requires you supply your own shroud and seem to be designed for it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Save for an OPS Core Bump.  Great stability and you will not grow tiresome of the form, fit and function. We do offer the PT's but stability is king with the Bumps. Just my 2cts.
View Quote
What's the deal with Ops Core / Gentex and when will they get their act together re shipping helmets on time?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top