Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2002 8:27:15 AM EDT
I have been having a problem with my Browning BPS 12. It used to work flawless till I was shooting clays at my buddies house one day and his dads friend asked, “Ever have that thing jam on you?” Then my next set, I fired once, pumped it, fired again, and then it jammed. I am able to move the action about ¼” back and that is it. I haven’t played with it much but when it jams it always jams after the first round out of the mag tube has been fired. I put 2 in the mag, chamber 1 and put one more in the mag and it is that first one out of the mag after the chamberd one had been fired. It is actually my dad’s shotgun and he bought it nearly new along time ago from a friend. He had maybe put 200 rounds through it. Then I started using it a few years back and it worked great up until that guy asked that question. He’s a shotgun nut, and had never handled my shotgun. I have put close to 3000 rounds through it and it would only jam from time to time. Yesterday I was out dove hunting with my buddies and like every other reload it would jam on me on the second round. The only way that I have found to un-jam it is to remove the barrel, and the spent shell falls out then you are able to cycle the action again. Any Ideas???

Thanks
Diesel
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, a "jam" encompasses a lot of things. Does it not extract, eject or feed? You need to list a bit of detailed description of what it does & doesn't do. Is the gun hot when it happens? Are you shooting factory loads or home brew? Is it properly cleaned & oiled? Is the mag spring cleaned & oiled?

The Devil's in the details.  >gg<
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top