Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 11:14:42 AM EDT
Does anyone here know how to fully dissassemble the Auto 5? (the 12 guage semi-auto shotgun) Any links to a site that does show you how? I need to dissassemble it to the point where I can clean the bolt out, this gun is very dirty. It was my grandfathers and hasn't seen a detailed cleaning in its 30 year lifespan.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:12:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Evey and I mean every book that comes with them says
disasembly past field stripping is recommended by a gun smith.

You are going to get this guy in trouble.
JMO
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:35:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Those guns are a nightmare to take apart

spray  the heck out of it with WD-40  and use a tooth brush is my advice.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:09:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Those guns are a nightmare to take apart

Mine is easy.

If you do a google search, there's a .pdf file out there. I have it at home, but won't be there until tonight.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:02:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I've done it, but I recall it was not much fun.  Lots of pieces.  Be real careful you don't bugger up the screws.  Here is a link to the field manual:

"http://www.midwestgunworks.com/field_service_manual/browning_auto_5_field_service_manual.pdf"

If you leave the parts in subassemblies, and don't disassemble past that point, you should be ok.  All the cleaning and lubing you need to do can be easily done without taking it apart further.

If you don't already have a good gunsmith screwdriver set, go get one before attempting to take apart an Auto-5.  The screws are soft and easily marred.

Have fun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top