Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2006 11:03:11 PM EDT
Tasco Target/Varmint 6-24x42mm A/O

First off, I have to say I loved this scope.  At 24x it got a little cloudy, but anything below 18x was nice & clear.   A mil-dot reticle along with target turrets and A/O make this scope a great deal for the money.  
They run a little under $100 new.

Yesterday @ an Ohio Arfcom shoot, I put roughly 1200 rounds through my 10/22.  Then all of a sudden the picture goes blurry....While I'm shooting.  

So I play w/ the A/O and turn the power up and down....nothing.  Pull the scope out of the rings and shook it...rattles.  

I don't have the original box...and can't find the cabelas receipt...going to see if it can be warrantied @ all...kinda doubt it though.    I'd expect this scope to be able to handle centerfire...as thats' what it seems to be designed for.
Yet it failed on a .22lr.  

Has this happened to any of you guys
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:43:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought one of the original "World Class" scopes made in Japan.   It was all I could afford at the time.  It cost me just over $200 many years ago.   I put it on my Rem 700classic in .22-250.  It  has a 1/8" dot in the center w/ very  thin crosshairs, 6X24 w/AO and target knobs.   It has never failed me.   I still feel like I should replace it because it is "Trashco" but it works pretty well.

It will probably fail me one of these days.   Sorry yours quit ya.

Edited to add:   Take a look at the Simmons line.   I have one on my 10/22 and love it.   4.5X14 w/AO.   It is a dang nice scope, and under $100.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:24:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
 Take a look at the Simmons line.   I have one on my 10/22 and love it.   4.5X14 w/AO.   It is a dang nice scope, and under $100.

4.5-14x40 w/ AO would be perfect.  Where did you get your simmons?  
I have a 3-9x32 simmons that I'll put on it for now, but it doesnt have AO, so it kind of sucks @ 50 yards.  Great @ 100 though.  

I don't want an objuective bigger than 42mm, because then I'd need a higher base or rings.
I like my ring/base setup now & want to leave it alone.  I'm a cheap bastard .
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I actually bought mine from a pawn shop used.   It is the "Whitetail Classic" version.   I'm not sure if they make the exact model still, but I've seen a few that have the same features.    I think it is 44mm objective.   That might turn you off, but you should still check it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top