Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2002 5:55:27 PM EDT
I had one hell of a time deciding between the HK USP, Springfield Loaded and the Sig. The 1911 and Sig were at the same price, $659 and the USP was at $730. I could have spent the extra dough and gotten and extra couple rounds and a tougher finish in the HK but the grip and the general consensus among many here and other boards brought me to Sig.

I'm sure I'll get a 1911 sooner or later but I have wanted the Sig for a while and figured I had to satisfy myself, you know, in a cold steel sort of way.

Next on the list for Christmas is either the Springfield, a S&W 686+, or maybe the USP, I'll wait for the compact CZ in .40 to come out next year before I spend my girlfriends ring money again.

Link Posted: 11/7/2002 6:03:07 PM EDT
[#1]
congratulations !!1
when you go shoot it you will be glad you bought it.i love mine
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 6:07:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Carried one for almost 15 years, best pistol I own.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 6:52:11 PM EDT
[#3]
welcom fell sigarms owner, i have the 220 two tone, god i love it...
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 10:13:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a Sig 229 in 40 on a friday, and a 220 on the next monday. I've been carrying my 220 for the last 4 years. Shoots good with my tired old eyes, I shoot my 229 better, but I love them bigger holes. Also own a 245, and a 228. I've been looking for a 226 at a decent price for a couple of years. Keep buying them Sig's. I think they have the best box stock triggers out there. I also own some Glock's, Smiths, Colt's, Springfield's, and Kimber's. I've shot plenty of other mfg's also but think the Sig's are best bang for the buck.
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 12:44:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome - you will have few regrets. (only factory mag prices and maybe k-kote issues)
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 6:11:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Congrats. Range report. we need a range report.

and for that NEXT purchase, consider the M-625. Shoot 45acp and you'll love it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 7:19:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Excellent choice.  Your SIG will be more reliable and out-of-the box accurate than any comparably priced 1911.  Enjoy it and stock up on mags.
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 7:34:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I bought a Sig 229 in 40 on a friday, and a 220 on the next monday. I've been carrying my 220 for the last 4 years. Shoots good with my tired old eyes, I shoot my 229 better, but I love them bigger holes. Also own a 245, and a 228. I've been looking for a 226 at a decent price for a couple of years. Keep buying them Sig's. I think they have the best box stock triggers out there. I also own some Glock's, Smiths, Colt's, Springfield's, and Kimber's. I've shot plenty of other mfg's also but think the Sig's are best bang for the buck.

Not to hijack the thread, but how does the 245 compare to the P220?  I love my P220 and I am looking for a smaller, more compact .45 ACP that I could use for carry (if/when this state gets its shit together) or for my wife.  The size of the P220 is awesome for my hands, but almost impossible for my wife to properly operate all the functions.

JBear, You will learn to love your P220 if you haven't already.. Just an awesome, accurate and well made firearm.   Enjoy!
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 9:04:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I own a p220 two-tone and it is just great.  All of my mags are 8 rds and have not had any trouble with them.  Congrats on the purchase of a fine firearm.
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 10:29:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

before I spend my girlfriends ring money again.

My SIG P220 has out lasted the following

1 fiance

4 girl friends

2 live in female friends

1 apartment

1 house

3 Rottweilers, from puppies to death

1 New Ford f150

1 New Mustang GT

1 Used VW Van

More than a few handguns.

It has been with me in hard time and good time.

I hope the same for you

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top