Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/16/2005 12:44:34 PM EDT
i took a look at my bolt and noticed that the firing pin was sticking out of the face. i pulled it appart and i noticed that there was about an inch missing from the firing pin and the rest of it i had to tap out. now what is a 2 piece firing pin compared to what looks like a one piease i pulled out (was an imbel kit orginal).
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:12:25 PM EDT
I have no experience with the 2 piece firing pin in the FAL. Mine has a south african bolt with a 1 piece. But I did have a 2 piece break in a FN49 the back piece broke and seized the rifle it wedged between the bolt and the hammer.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:35:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MrJayJay:
i took a look at my bolt and noticed that the firing pin was sticking out of the face. i pulled it appart and i noticed that there was about an inch missing from the firing pin and the rest of it i had to tap out. now what is a 2 piece firing pin compared to what looks like a one piease i pulled out (was an imbel kit orginal).

Yikes, don't know. I have a one piece deal. You may want to try FALFiles.com. Great bunch of guys over there with a wealth of info on all things FAL. They will steer you in the right direction.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:54:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:33:04 PM EDT

A two piece firing pin is one where they break it ahead of time.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:20:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2005 10:23:52 PM EDT by Maddogkiller]
The two piece firing pins were made for inch pattern bolts. IMBEL is metric pattern. If your pin were a twp piece, there would be no question that it was supposed to be.

Here are a couple of sources for a new firing pin.

www.gunpartsguy.com
www.dansammo.com Dan doesn't have them listed on his site. Send him an email and ask if he has any. I'll bet that he does.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:05:33 PM EDT
seems they also used them for the metric... ill ask the fal guys as well. thanks for the info.
Top Top