Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2001 5:41:13 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with Briley here in Houston doing any gunsmithing?  I need to have a brake removed and the barrel recrowned and know they are world famous for their shotgun choke tubes.  Any suggestions..
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]
After you get your answer, tell me how to find/contact this 'Briley'.
Need some pistol work.
SSD
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Briley is on MFGR's row at the Intl Sporting Clays Championship in San Antonio every year. The are very popular with the competitive shooters. I wouldn't hesitate to have them work on anything of mine.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey SSD,
What type of work did you need done?

(Most gunsmiths 'round here are so blown away w/ deer season and Xmas gifts they aren't even taking calls.)

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 5:56:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hey SSD,
What type of work did you need done?

(Most gunsmiths 'round here are so blown away w/ deer season and Xmas gifts they aren't even taking calls.)

Refinish (Parkerizing I think) a 1911 I got this pass weekend. I'm not in a rush.
SSD
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Briley Manufacturing
800-331-5718 or 713-932-6995
briley.com

They did good work on the Lovely Bride's Beretta 682.  No problems with Briley.  I talked to Chuck Webb but all the folks there are friendly.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Arock
SSD
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:34:27 PM EDT
[#7]
The responses are greatly appreciated, I will be dropping off the upper next week..  
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:34:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had Briley perform some action work on revolvers. Their work is high quality, but I think they trade quite a bit on their name. They're a little expensive for their services. For shotgun work, Carlson's of Atwood, Kansas and Chokeworks of Little Rock, Arkansas are considerably cheaper. For rifle work, Simmons Gun Repair (also a top flight shotgun outfit) of Olathe, Kansas and McMillan Barrels of Bryan, Texas get the nod.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top