Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 3/17/2013 8:21:55 AM EDT
I can load 5 in the tube and one out of the 5 will drop out the bottom while I rake the slide (forgive me if that isn't the correct term). I thought maybe I wasn't pulling back on the slide hard/far enough but it doesn't matter. Here is a pic I took after I had a jam. When I loaded one shell in the tube to shoot it, it took me 5 or 6 times to get it to feed! It just kept falling out of the bottom.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:35:55 AM EDT
Are you sure you have the shell completely in the magazine where the shell stop is holding the rim? I have seen people leave the last shell rim against the elevator and when the gun is fired, that shell drops to the ground.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:47:38 AM EDT
Has this happened since you purchased the shotgun or after you have taken it apart for cleaning?
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:08:50 AM EDT
Try not pumping the pump action shotgun at the speed of slow.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:20:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2013 9:21:42 AM EDT by Stopsign]
Originally Posted By RumbleTruck:
Are you sure you have the shell completely in the magazine where the shell stop is holding the rim? I have seen people leave the last shell rim against the elevator and when the gun is fired, that shell drops to the ground.

Yes, 100%. I even push it past the shell stop. Plus it goes like this... a couple will feed fine then all of the sudden one will fall. Sometimes it happens as I'm going forward with the slide one will fall as the other is loaded.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:20:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ww15krd:
Has this happened since you purchased the shotgun or after you have taken it apart for cleaning?

I have not taken it apart yet.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:21:19 AM EDT
Originally Posted By joshdb50:
Try not pumping the pump action shotgun at the speed of slow.

I also tried this, going fast. Still happens.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 3:57:12 PM EDT
The lip of the shell stop may be too short and the shells are making it past it or it is sticking open. I would take it apart and check for heavy grease deposits, burrs, etc. Pretty simple mechanics so not much could be going wrong.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 5:29:40 PM EDT
If the lip of the shell stop is too low how could I fix this? I think this possibly could be it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:40:48 AM EDT
No one?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:23:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Stopsign:
If the lip of the shell stop is too low how could I fix this? I think this possibly could be it.

First, verify that is the problem.

Load it carefully and visually check, then see if the problem occurs.

On my 590, the last shell is sometimes pretty hard to get hooked in there. It varies by load type.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:06:14 AM EDT
+1 to the above.
First, I would strip it per the manual and clean it. There might be some sort of debris under the shell stop that's causing marginal engagement with the shell rim. Also, the shell stop and interrupter are stamped parts. The edges are never smooth (nor do they need to be), but if you have an especially large burr or something, it could be causing a hangup.
This should end up being an easy fix.
Top Top