Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2001 7:37:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I had this problem with a new Match Target Colt I bought once. It turned out to be the magazine. I'm not really sure how the malfunction was occuring, but it only happened with the one magazine, usually once or twice per mag.

It was getting stuck good enough that I couldn't just pull back on the charging handle to clear the round. What I did to clear it was to get a soft rifle case and lay it on a hard surface. I would then grab the rifle by the handguard with the muzzle pointing straight up and the other hand pulling back on the charging handle and I would slam the butt of the rifle down on the rifle case. Just make sure you don't point the rifle at something you don't want to shoot, like your head, though I don't see any way the rifle could fire. Just make sure you pull the mag before you attempt this.

If this turns out to not be a problem with the mag then I don't know what else to tell you. Maybe somebody else will have more info.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 8:08:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I hear the new Bushys have cheap magazines that don't work.  Go buy a USGI/Orlite/Thermold mag and try that.  The only problems I had with my Bushy was cheap USA mags doing the same thing.  If that doesn't work??????
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 9:52:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Tell him that's what the forward assist is for!

Sounds like a mag problem to me too.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 6:48:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Wynns had some Orlit mags in good shape. I bought one and it works great. However they are $16.95 each (thats why I bought 1) there Q3131A boxs stcker at $4.99 but register says $3.99 so buy up.

R35
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 6:58:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:49:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Maryville

R35
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 8:31:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Stick a "Shoot-N-See" on that USA mag and have at! It's the only thing it's good for.

coyote3
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 8:40:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Ditto on the USA mags.  I bought a couple for my CZ-75...unfortunately.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 9:57:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 10:12:08 AM EDT
[#10]
The factory 10-rd mag that came with my Bushmaster is a piece of junk also, guaranteed to cause jams.  I don't understand why BM continues to supply these with new rifles.  My BM has never had a problem with GI or Thermold mags.  You might want to check out GA Precision for their 20 rd mags, they're very handy for shooting from a bench.

My BM factory mag looks like a 20 rounder that's been cross drilled and pinned to limit follower travel, don't know if it's made by USA or not but coyote3's suggestion sounds good to me.  At least I'd get some use out of it that way.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 11:33:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Maryville? Cool! That's only five minutes from here.

I've seen you post about Foothills mall in the mall ninja thread and new you new something about Blount county because noone else cares.

R35
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 1:58:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The factory 10-rd mag that came with my Bushmaster is a piece of junk also, guaranteed to cause jams.  I don't understand why BM continues to supply these with new rifles

I got a DPMS 10-round mag with my custom AR.  It works flawlessly.  I function-tested the seven 30-rounders I've got, but when I go bench shooting, it's the DPMS I use.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:30:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I had the same problem when my Bushmaster was new with their 10rd mag and USGI mags.  The USGI mags stopped doing this after I replaced them with green followers; the bushmaster mag finally stopped doing it after ~300 rds (spring started wearing out?)
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 8:09:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 8:16:06 PM EDT
[#15]
My Bushmaster magazine works just fine, but my rifle doesnt like the thermold i bought for it cause it doesnt feed the first round well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top