Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 1:53:09 PM EDT
I just purchased 2 brand new bulter creek 25rd clear hotlips mags and took them to the range today.  I cannot get either mag to feed even one round.  Every round is getting jammed halfway into the chamber.

I noticed the mags wobble/rock forward and back if you apply slight pressure to them.  Should they be this way?

This is a factory standard 10/22.  Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

I recently moved and can't find my 10rd factory mags so i bought these bc 25rd ones but now and clueless on what's going on.  Never had any problems at all with the factory mags.

Thanks,

Stone
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:03:38 PM EDT
[#1]
My 25rd clear hotlips mag wobbled/rocked back and forth if I applied pressure to it as well. Mine worked for the most part, however, within a year I started having feeding issues. It's not a spring, but the mechanism that acts as a spring in the magazine got worn out I believe. If I loaded a mag up all the way it would not provide enough pressure to insure smooth feeding on all the rounds. I eventually went back to my standard 10rd mags.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:26:18 PM EDT
[#2]
i've had a bad one, took it back, the replacement worked better. I use steel  lips now. My mags work better than they used to, there is definitely a break in period. Load them up and leave them to help break them in  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:37:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine was doing that as well.. few hundred rounds later it started working better.. Plus there is alot of excess plastic that can cause tolerance issues, so my best guess is that the looser they get the better they will work..

But I'm still a noob
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:42:16 PM EDT
[#4]
the problsm is TO MUCH spring pressure, not to little. let them sit loaded for a couple days. they will work.

i had to do the same thing with every single BC hotlips mag i got.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#5]
They are pieces of shit. I have several of them and they fail to push the rounds up properly.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:46:46 AM EDT
[#6]
aftermarket mags usually dont work well or are not consistant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top