Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/30/2007 6:27:03 AM EDT
9mm has never been so deadly!

And I never really considered 9mm for sniper work....but apparently someone else has.

I give you the HK94 Urban Sniper Rifle..........

www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=76649292

Link Posted: 7/30/2007 6:31:42 AM EDT
A 9mm for a "sniper rifle"?! Blasphemy! The sad part is that some fool will actually buy that thinking its the sh*t because it looks tacticool.
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 6:46:36 AM EDT
that cheekweld looks comfortable
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 6:46:52 AM EDT
That is some crazy shit. Funny as hell that people would do this. It's all about the bling bling gear and no idea of what the rifles good for.
It's just like when I see someone put a powered anything on a CX4. It's just stupid.

Link Posted: 7/30/2007 7:45:23 AM EDT
That photo is HILARIOUS!

Gotta love the PSG grip too!
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 11:46:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 12:08:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mateba:

Originally Posted By the_professional:
A 9mm for a "sniper rifle"?! Blasphemy! The sad part is that some fool will actually buy that thinking its the sh*t because it looks tacticool.

Actually it makes sense if you're going to suppress it.

That weapon, with a suppressor, STILL has no reasonable role. It's a 9mm for crying out loud. Exactly how far away are you going to shoot someone with a 9mm? And if distance is a concern....how about a more powerful round in the 1st place? Like maybe the HK53??

Long range & 9mm simply do not go together....not in any practical sense anyway.

Link Posted: 7/30/2007 12:13:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M4:

That weapon, with a suppressor, STILL has no reasonable role. It's a 9mm for crying out loud. Exactly how far away are you going to shoot someone with a 9mm? And if distance is a concern....how about a more powerful round in the 1st place? Like maybe the HK53??

Long range & 9mm simply do not go together....not in any practical sense anyway.

This guy gets it...thank you!
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 1:42:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M4:

Except the part about HK53s firing a supersonic round

IMO, it all depends on what distances you think are necessary for a gun like this. Of course this isn't going to replace a Rem 700 but 9mm out of a carbine can cover 100-200 hards, and will have a much quieter report. With a suppressor and some 147gr or 158gr rounds, it would probably be great for shooting rabbits, coyotes, dillos, etc... in the country without bothering your neighbors.

Compared to other subsonic rounds, the 9 is easier to suppress and has a better BC than a 45, more power than a 22, much less expensive and more platforms than a 300 Whisper, etc... Like I said, it makes sense if you're going to suppress it.

And what "practical sense" do we buy sniper weapons anyways? I hate to throw a dose of reality here but unless you're some hitman, we buy these things because they're "tacticool". I wouldn't actually expect to use it to pick off zombies at 400 yards, although many here will disagree.
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 1:53:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M4:

IMO, it all depends on what distances you think are necessary for a gun like this. Of course this isn't going to replace a Rem 700 but 9mm out of a carbine can cover 100-200 hards, and will have a much quieter report. With a suppressor and some 147gr or 158gr rounds, it would probably be great for shooting rabbits, coyotes, dillos, etc... in the country without bothering your neighbors.

Compared to other subsonic rounds, the 9 is easier to suppress and has a better BC than a 45, more power than a 22, much less expensive and more platforms than a 300 Whisper, etc... Like I said, it makes sense if you're going to suppress it.

And what "practical sense" do we buy sniper weapons anyways? I hate to throw a dose of reality here but unless you're some hitman, we buy these things because they're "tacticool". I wouldn't actually expect to use it to pick off zombies at 400 yards, although many here will disagree.

Yup.

With subsonic ammo, I could still engage targets at 400 yards with a 9mm. Granted, I was 'lobbing' them in, but my 9mm AR was a 1.5MOA rifle when necessary.

And quiet as a mouse.

TRG
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 2:00:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/30/2007 2:02:13 PM EDT by M4]

Maybe its just me (but I doubt it), an HK94 with a huge optic, PSG grip and large shoulder stock is anything but "tacticool". It's ridiculous.

For $5500 I could come up with dozens and dozens of vastly more worthy firearms for pretty much ANY job.

If someone actually likes it, great.

Some people actually like these too.....(not what the SUV was designed for, but it still runs.)

Link Posted: 7/30/2007 2:02:37 PM EDT
Israel uses a .22 for "non-lethal" urban sniping...
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 2:10:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By VB3:

What does non-lethal sniping accomplish?
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 2:13:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M4:

Maybe its just me (but I doubt it), an HK94 with a huge optic, PSG grip and large shoulder stock is anything but "tacticool". It's ridiculous.

For $5500 I could come up with dozens and dozens of vastly more worthy firearms for pretty much ANY job.

Some people actually like these too.....(not what the SUV was designed for, but it still runs.)

www.fastcoolcars.com/images/pimpedcars1/40inch-chrome-rims.jpg

Well I agree there's no way I'd spend that kind of money on this rifle but since when did people stop buying HKs because there was something that would do the same job for less I was just making the point that it could serve a role, being a 9mm rifle that could shoot out at "distance".
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 2:16:02 PM EDT
they used a 9mm AR in the Replacement Killers as a sniper gun
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 2:39:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M4:

Discourages rock throwing dirka-dirka dickheads. A .22lr slug to the nuts or kneecap of the leader & the rest suddenly lose interest.
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 3:33:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RiffRandall:

Originally Posted By M4:

Discourages rock throwing dirka-dirka dickheads. A .22lr slug to the nuts or kneecap of the leader & the rest suddenly lose interest.

Wow....can you imagine being on .22 sniper duty during a riot? Holy shit. Now that would be something.
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 3:34:10 PM EDT

Well I agree there's no way I'd spend that kind of money on this rifle but since when did people stop buying HKs because there was something that would do the same job for less

True dat.
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 4:10:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 4:33:44 PM EDT
The 10/22 isnt used as much because Palestinians had a habit of dying after being shot in the chest by a "non-lethal" sniper fire. Still, if the 10/22 can ruin someone's day as a sniper rifle, the 9mm isnt much of a stretch for urban work.

Link Posted: 7/30/2007 4:37:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

Originally Posted By M4:

wounding the enemy so they need to divert time and resources to caring for their injured?

The premise lost me for a bit....as I come from the non-.22 sniper school of thought that if it's worth shooting, it's worth killing. Thanks for clarifying.
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 5:47:01 PM EDT
The IDF purchased suppressed Ruger 10/22s to use as less than lethal anti riot weapons. The Isreali JAG found that the less than lethal labeled 10/22 was actually very lethal and was disallowed from being used in its purchase roll. It continues to be used as ATF style "Huss puppy" weapon for IDF Special forces for covertly killing dogs out side of terrorist houses.

The idea orginally was to hit a leg or arm to stop a stone thrower and was used in that roll in 99-2000 and then outlawed for using as that.
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 10:23:32 AM EDT

The 10/22 isnt used as much because Palestinians had a habit of dying after being shot in the chest by a "non-lethal" sniper fire. Still, if the 10/22 can ruin someone's day as a sniper rifle, the 9mm isnt much of a stretch for urban work.

www.ruger1022.com/images/Israeli_Sniper6_250.jpg

www.ruger1022.com/images/Israeli_ruger-2_250v.jpg

www.ruger1022.com/images/Israeli_ruger-3_250.jpg

Well, on the one hand, there is still the whole "rifle round" vs "pistol round" thing, but on the other hand (as you already alluded to) these are urban distances we're talking about.

Probably not the most across-the-board useful thing I've ever seen slapped together, but could certainly fill a special purpose or niche role.

On the one hand:

On the other: function over form (or at least I keep having to remind myself)
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 1:37:11 PM EDT
i would quit throwing rocks if I got tapped in the nuts by a .22
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 3:07:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By twonami:
i would quit throwing rocks if I got tapped in the nuts by a .22

Ah, but would you quit tapping nuts if someone were to throw a rock at your .22?
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 9:42:17 PM EDT
You know I have gotten so I read these boards but really dont say much. Now I cant help myself. I am sure everyone on here has a really good idea of what makes a good urban sniper rifle from all of their past battles and shoot outs that they have been in. Damn that is right lots of people have tons of trigger time shooting at something other than targets at the range or looking at their gun that has been sitting in the safe.

I have to say this a 22lr will jack you up and anything else that puts a hole where it wasnt suppose to be will do the same.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 6:17:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By KogaShuko:
You know I have gotten so I read these boards but really dont say much. Now I cant help myself. I am sure everyone on here has a really good idea of what makes a good urban sniper rifle from all of their past battles and shoot outs that they have been in. Damn that is right lots of people have tons of trigger time shooting at something other than targets at the range or looking at their gun that has been sitting in the safe.

I have to say this a 22lr will jack you up and anything else that puts a hole where it wasnt suppose to be will do the same.

We just had a gang-related shooting last week. 15 year-old was shot, police still searching for the 14 and 15 year-old suspects.

I'd *imagine* the 15 year-old was the driver. They cruised up across the street from where the vic was standing (waiting for a bus, IIRC), the rear driver's side window rolls down, a gun bbl barely peeks out, and pow. They drop the 15 year-old and pull away.

He lasts for a day, but doesn't pull through. Sure it wouldn't be my first choice, but guess which caliber?
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 7:53:32 AM EDT
Yep .177 or whatever it is and I have heard of that before. I think there have been more than a few kids killed by pellet guns.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 10:50:05 AM EDT
I think the flashhider add-on does look better than a typical 94 barrel.

But not for $5500!
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 11:24:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By KogaShuko:
Yep .177 or whatever it is and I have heard of that before. I think there have been more than a few kids killed by pellet guns.

No, it was .22LR, the caliber you had trotted out in your above post.

Again, even a rock can kill, and I wasn't saying it was the best round for the role, only that some punk kids had been able to deploy it more-or-less "effectively".
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 3:16:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheRedGoat:

Originally Posted By M4:

Yup.

With subsonic ammo, I could still engage targets at 400 yards with a 9mm. Granted, I was 'lobbing' them in, but my 9mm AR was a 1.5MOA rifle when necessary.

And quiet as a mouse.

TRG

Lobbing them in?

Come on man, you're aiming above the treetops to make that shot!

The last time I shot 9mm at long range, I made a hit with a Beretta Elite II using super wimpy ammo on a steel IPSC target at 300 yards.

If I aimed directly at the target, the bullet would hit the ground at about 175 yards.

I had to aim near the treeline to land that shot.

My buddy was lucky enough to bounce one off of the ground and hit the steel.

Link Posted: 8/2/2007 6:12:47 PM EDT
The original gun looks like a sniper rifle for the munchkins in The Wizard of Oz.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 6:26:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2007 6:26:33 AM EDT by wise_jake]

Originally Posted By thorshammer:
The original gun looks like a sniper rifle for the munchkins in The Wizard of Oz.

Man, if they'd had a sniper rifle available to them, they'd have been a much more formidable force, and it would have been *really* hard for the Wicked Witch to keep them in fear.

All they'd need after that would be a FA shotty to make short work of the flying monkeys.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:16:26 PM EDT
Kinda a bump here, but didnt the russians have a rifle with a built in supressor shooting a heavy 9mm cartridge?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:38:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:47:07 AM EDT
Call me crazy but I would love to add that to my HK collection , just not for $5 grand.

It is factory made like that.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:58:54 AM EDT

now that is some silly shit right there.

factory made huh? does HK work with Tapco now?

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:23:47 AM EDT
Why would anyone.....oh, nevermind.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:41:35 AM EDT
It is still for sale. I wonder why?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:56:39 AM EDT

"T & E ONLY"

Will someone please school this Jarhead on the above statement?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:14:39 PM EDT
It just looks like someone wanted to be tacticool without paying for SBR registration.

If H&K did make this for testing in '86, I wonder if they were trying to come up with something to sell in case the SBR list was also closed like what happened to MGs. Calling it an "Urban Police Sniper" gives it street credibility instead of just looking goofy.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:48:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2007 12:52:02 PM EDT by FMD]

Originally Posted By sgthoskins:

"T & E ONLY"

Test & Evaluation

ETA: Ostensibly marked by H&K as a demonstration weapon for T&E. Given how few HK94SG-1's were manufactured/imported, it's quite possibly a legitimate marking.

Paging SteyrAug... I don't think I've seen one of these on this tile floor, yet.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:49:13 PM EDT
Thank you FMD.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:57:58 PM EDT
Hmmm, buy a DOJ 94, have it engraved9 that HK T&E engraving looks awfully similar to that on my SBR), and sell for 100% profit.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:10:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FMD:

Originally Posted By sgthoskins:

"T & E ONLY"

Test & Evaluation

ETA: Ostensibly marked by H&K as a demonstration weapon for T&E. Given how few HK94SG-1's were manufactured/imported, it's quite possibly a legitimate marking.

Paging SteyrAug... I don't think I've seen one of these on this tile floor, yet.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:16:03 PM EDT
This is seriously like 20 years old.

HK novelty gun.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:51:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SteyrAUG:

HK novelty gun.

But do you have one?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 7:58:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FMD:

Originally Posted By SteyrAUG:

HK novelty gun.

But do you have one?

No, I don't. I try and stay somewhat on the practical side of things.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 6:32:53 AM EDT
that pics always makes me laugh/cry

as a Cruiser owner and HK nut.......I have the usefull versions of both

Originally Posted By M4:

www.fastcoolcars.com/images/pimpedcars1/40inch-chrome-rims.jpg

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top