Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2008 12:02:08 AM EST
Well it turns out the lower rear of the frame where the stock would mount is machined so this could never be done, Should I just sell it or keep as pistol?
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:59:49 AM EST
Someone, somewhere can always weld it.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 3:50:35 AM EST
Those pistols are fairly rare, sell it a buy a new factory SBR Tommy gun.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 5:45:12 AM EST
Go over to machinegunboards.com
they have one of the best Thompson forums going, some of the personalitys are a little eccentric, but MUCH great Thompson info to be had.
If you want to SBR it someone can probably tell you how.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 5:49:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/6/2008 5:51:43 AM EST by MadDogDan]
If yours is one of the new production pistols with a steel frame (not aluminum) then it can definitely be machined to accept the original removable stocks. There is a company out of Up-State New York (can't rember the name, something like tommyguns.com or thompson.com) who sells a bolt on adaptor that accepts all original removable stocks. You have to mill a flat spot on the bottom of the receiver and drill and tap two holes. The same company that sells the adaptor also does the machine work. I seem to remember the adaptor costing $65 and the machine work at $120. There is a Thompson Forum that has all the info you could ever want ant the shop advertises there.

Hope this helps,
MadDog

ETA: Those pistols are not rare as my local shop in UT sells a few a week. I have also seen them in small gun shops in other states.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 8:04:52 AM EST
Who sells a reproduction of the FBI hardcase for an SBR semi-auto Tommy?

Ed

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 8:11:59 AM EST
Auto Ordnance does.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 8:26:26 AM EST

Originally Posted By LonghornAR:
Auto Ordnance does.

No, they sell the replica case sized for a carbine with a detachable buttstock, not for an SBR with detachable buttstock.

Ed
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 11:10:19 AM EST
Thanks for the help guys,
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 4:45:27 PM EST

Originally Posted By scuba_ed:
No, they sell the replica case sized for a carbine with a detachable buttstock, not for an SBR with detachable buttstock.

Ed

Oh, well, then sorry I even bothered. Good luck on your search.
Top Top