BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2002 2:10:39 PM EDT
Anybody out their know the difference. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 3:19:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes,
They're both the same rifle,Some M-48's may have been used in the Bosinan conflict, So,in order to sell m-48's at a higher price some importers tack on this little "Bosinan Mauser"story, fresh off the battlefields to you, yada, yada, yada, it's just a bullshit story to get you to cough up a little more cash for a run of the mill m-48, by calling it a Bosinan Mauser, Go look at www.aimsurplus.com or coles for one without the B.S. story, and save yourself a few bucks......They are nice rifles
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 3:24:20 PM EDT
[#2]
ralph knows of what he speaks, some jackhole tried to sell me a m48 for 1500.00 as a "bosnian"

buyer ALWAYS beware.
the m48s and 48as are GREAT rifles for the money.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 3:26:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Ralph, I will do just that. I was browsing over at Century Arms and figured I had to ask. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 12:00:35 AM EDT
[#4]
as they said, bosnia used to be yugoslavia..so they're the same.
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Just one wrinkle; there are some M48bo models out there. The bo stands for bez oznake (sp?) which is Yugo for without markings. These were export models (for gov't contracts) which only have serial numbers on them and no other marks at all. Mine is a M48a that came with bayo/accessories for $159. Otherwise just another like-new Yugo Mauser.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top