Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 2:12:49 PM EDT
I have a question for those familiar with HK-91 Clones.  I am currently building an HK-91 clone and the bolt head locking lever seems to be very tight.  Are the compression springs supposed to be that rigid?  It causes the locking lever to protrude enough that it makes the bolt very difficult to go into the receiver.  I removed the pin, lever and spring and the bolt slides right in.  Help!  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:38:55 PM EDT
[#1]
The bolt has to be exstended forward in the unlocked position to go into the receiver.

Put the bolt back together, and make sure that the bolt is all the way forward, and not tight against the carrier.

P.S. a screw driver to pop up the lock will help to allow you to spin the bolt into place, and to force the bolt all the way forward (against the front edge of the bolt channel).
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks

Quoted:
The bolt has to be exstended forward in the unlocked position to go into the receiver.

Put the bolt back together, and make sure that the bolt is all the way forward, and not tight against the carrier.

P.S. a screw driver to pop up the lock will help to allow you to spin the bolt into place, and to force the bolt all the way forward (against the front edge of the bolt channel).

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a springfield SAR-8 and it is mad bog tight...even when it is lubed up.  

-BJohnson
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top