Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2001 2:40:24 AM EDT
I have bought from Gunsmoke what was advertised as a new Bushmaster complete upper with bolt and bolt carrier. Upon inspection I notice the bolt carrier is more of a greenish tint than a parkarized color and the carrier key screws have one stake punch mark each running vertical inline with each other.
On my other factory complete 100% all bushmaster rifle I bought from my local FFL this is not the case. The carrier is a dark gray/black parkarized color and the carrier key screws are staked differently.
They have two stake punch marks each. Each screw has a stake on the left side and one on the right side. They are very uniform and appear to be machine staked. The one I received from Gunsmoke looks like a hand job. Not spaced equal distances from each other and the depths are unequal.
Did I get the shaft from Gunsmoke with a non Bushmaster Quality part, or did they send me as advertised a genuine bushmaster quality part?
Can anyone help verify what this Bushmaster part should/should not have on it to identify it as a genuine Bushmaster part?

I do not wish to bash Gunsmoke, this may just be a mistake and I expect Ed will make right what is wrong.

I also posted on Bushmaster forum.
Thanks for any help.

Link Posted: 12/20/2001 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#1]
from the Bushmaster FAQ pages:

7. Our bolt carriers have the gas key staked on by 4 V-shaped stamps.

www.bushmaster.com/faqs/barrels%2Daccuracy.asp

Bushmaster does not make their own bolt carriers but buys them from other sources. What you have may or may not be originally from Bushmaster though it still may be mil spec. Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top