Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/16/2009 9:08:02 PM EDT
... did I make a mistake, giving this company a second chance?

Do you think they'd be willing to sell operations if they're dying? They have a niche, but they can't seem to manage a business worth a shit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 9:16:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Hence the name...
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 9:41:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Its a very small company.  He makes great uppers but cant keep up with demand.  Hes not dying, hes growing to fast.  Big differance, Im sure they will prove to be very good rifles in the long run...
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 9:52:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered my upper over a year ago (early January 2008), paid for it in November 2008 and just got my tracking number today.  UPS says that it will arrive on the 22nd.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 9:53:49 PM EDT
[#4]
... Nevertheless, being a SME on both consumption and sales, I say they have a lot of room to improve - they're a mediocre operation at best

I still have faith Mr. Rosequist can make his *commitments. For "*promises" that have been paid for, for some time as now
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 3:58:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I received my upper back in October.  It was a year wait from the time I ordered till it arrived.  I am very happy with my decision to order from Chris.  If I had the money, I would order another upper.  His company is growing and operations have improved.  Uppers are going out regularly now.  He will stand behind his product even if you are not the original owner.  There are not many companies that will do that with their product.
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 6:30:45 AM EDT
[#6]
If you have time to read, see if this link will work.link
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 7:28:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

... did I make a mistake, giving this company a second chance?

Do you think they'd be willing to sell operations if they're dying? They have a niche, but they can't seem to manage a business worth a shit.

Do you have any idea what the market is like right now since the election? How long do you think you will have to wait for a DPMS or a Bushmaster right now? Are these small companies?

Link Posted: 1/17/2009 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#8]
ALS is quoting a 2 year wait
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 10:06:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 11:16:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm going to be watching this thread as I'm sure Cal will be also, if you turn it into a bashing thread it will be closed. We've had enough BOHICA thrashing here to last a lifetime, as was noted already, Chris' company has grown by leaps and bounds.

Give the guy a chance to keep up with the demand as ALL gun manufacturers are trying to themselves right now with the political climate.

... Oh, don't be misunderstood - I'm not bashing him or Bohica at all, I am however critical of the management style.

Paying customers should expect suppliers to be honest about shipping dates. I have been lied to about shipping dates no less than five times by Bohica Arms

We both believe that the good people of ARFCOM should know how their hard-earned money is being handled by some manufactures.

A better policy is to not charge against a credit card until the day it leaves the facility - not months earlier (unless of course they're willing to pay interest on the card)

Link Posted: 1/17/2009 11:42:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm going to be watching this thread as I'm sure Cal will be also, if you turn it into a bashing thread it will be closed. We've had enough BOHICA thrashing here to last a lifetime, as was noted already, Chris' company has grown by leaps and bounds.

Give the guy a chance to keep up with the demand as ALL gun manufacturers are trying to themselves right now with the political climate.

... Oh, don't be misunderstood - I'm not bashing him or Bohica at all, I am however critical of the management style.

Paying customers should expect suppliers to be honest about shipping dates. I have been lied to about shipping dates no less than five times by Bohica Arms

We both believe that the good people of ARFCOM should know how their hard-earned money is being handled by some manufactures.

A better policy is to not charge against a credit card until the day it leaves the facility - not months earlier (unless of course they're willing to pay interest on the card)

When you buy airline tickets in advance, do you think they wait to charge your card?

Link Posted: 1/17/2009 1:43:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are right.   It is a bad policy to be charging a buyer's CC before it ships.
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 2:46:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I placed an order form them a week ago and haven't heard anything....not even a confirmation email.  I followed up on Thurs just to make sure they got my order and STILL haven't heard anything.  At a minimum they should have an automated email just confirming the order.
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 2:57:17 PM EDT
[#14]
It is what it is.  Mine was paid for and ready for shipping for two months.  For a couple months later it was supposedly shipped.  This was after a wait of several months.  It was well worth it IMO.  Not patient?  Take it with a grain of salt or look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 5:30:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Just got my tracking number!  

I just might take the day off too!  
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I would call in sick when it shows up at your doorstep!
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are right.   It is a bad policy to be charging a buyer's CC before it ships.

I just payed cash.  You have a year to save for it...
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 8:49:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you buy airline tickets in advance, do you think they wait to charge your card?

Do you fly a couple months later than the dates you paid for?
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 4:31:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just got my tracking number!  

I just might take the day off too!  

... This is encouraging. Hopefully it means you should be receiving it shortly now?
Track the UPS number and let us how it goes. Post pics when you get it too!

Link Posted: 1/19/2009 4:38:25 AM EDT
[#20]
I've been staying out of the Bohica threads (sometimes I piss people off), but I feel compelled to relate a little of my recent experience.  In February 08 I ordered 2 uppers and got the call to pay for them in November, which I did.  In December I unfortunately had to cancel one and e-mailed Chris asking to do just that and get a refund.  He replied he would take care of it and this month a credit for the full refund was on my credit card statement, no questions asked.  I don't know how you can ask for better than that.  Most places want a sizable deposit just to order and if you cancel you lose it.  I haven't received my upper yet (was told it should ship by the end of November, which I didn't think would happen anyway) but I have no problem waiting.  Chris is alright in my book, (even if he doesn't have a concept of time)

p.s. try getting a refund for that airline ticket.
Link Posted: 1/20/2009 7:21:32 AM EDT
[#21]
W_W 'ole buddy -

I ordered a 30" BOHICA last April, I just got a call last night from Chris at BOHICA telling me that my order number is up for build and wanting to know if I was still interested.

I just now this morning got off the phone with him after giving him my credit card payment info.
He told me I would have the upper in my hands by the first part of Feb and most likely by the end of this month.  

I shall see......
Link Posted: 1/20/2009 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#22]
I ordered in 11/2007 and just received mine today.  Looks great but won't get a chance to test it out until this weekend @ the earliest.  Again, the craftsmanship looks to be quite excellent.
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
W_W 'ole buddy -

I ordered a 30" BOHICA last April, I just got a call last night from Chris at BOHICA telling me that my order number is up for build and wanting to know if I was still interested.

I just now this morning got off the phone with him after giving him my credit card payment info.
He told me I would have the upper in my hands by the first part of Feb and most likely by the end of this month.  

I shall see......

I'm waiting on a 30" as well.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 5:21:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Just though I would post some pics of my Bohica for those still waiting.  I ordered in Oct 07 and received it in Oct 08.  It was well worth the wait.  Chris will go out of his way to make sure you are taken care of.  The MKIII brake makes shooting this upper enjoyable.  Hope all of you still waiting get your uppers soon.

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 12:47:33 PM EDT
[#25]
... It made it in today!

I called Chris and thanked him.
Nice quality work, but my RRA lower doesn't fit - not sure why yet
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you fly a couple months later than the dates you paid for?

Usually ,yes.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 3:31:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
... It made it in today!

Yep, I had the same problem.  Spent hours trying to make it work.  So much for a "snap on upper"

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
... It made it in today!

Yep, I had the same problem.  Spent hours trying to make it work.  So much for a "snap on upper"

... Being an engineer and former machinist, I found that the aft-face of the upper was about 0.012" too long in relationship to the lug-hole pattern (interference fit, or no-go).

As I want interchangeability between mil-spec AR15 lowers, it looks like I need to precision surface-grind  0.013" off the aft face of the upper

I don't want to do so before I talk to Chris again, I have a message into him

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#29]
I seem to remember others having problems with the RRA lowers.  Something about them being slightly out of spec.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 4:58:31 PM EDT
[#30]
… Well, I must say. As I was BBQ’ing and sipping a nice cabernet, contemplating the predicament, Chris called and left a detailed message - Thank you Chris.

I know it’s not an excuse for my curt attitude and behavior in this thread, but I guess my original angst stems from the constant supplier-management situations I deal with every day of every year at work. Many aerospace vendors have difficulties with quality and schedule. Typically, I get pissed at first, and then I settle into a cause-analysis mode and onto corrective action (oh well, it pays the bills). In my business, I often find that we (prime defense contractor) are pinched between our customers (the Warfighter) and suppliers, and the rest you know, - shit flows downhill & all.

Anyway, I’m pleased with the upper. So far the “massaging” to fit is minor. If the rifle can put heavy-steel on target once everything is tuned, I’ll be a satisfied customer. I hope Chris the absolute best in this difficult business of arms manufacturing ;-)
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#31]
One of the problems I had on the MK1 I got was the bottom of the receiver was warped and acted like a spring preventing it from closing.  I spent hours on the front pin hole filing so that I could get it to finally close and even then, I couldn't get the rear pin back out without using a punch.  Then it was the bolt tube would not go back into the buffer tube. It was a good bit out of center of the buffer tube.  I tried it on 2 different branded lowers and had the same issue.  The bolt not going back was a very common issue.  That was one of the major changes in his design.  I read on his forum a guy had bullet impacts way off to one side and discovered his brake was bored off center and the bullet was actually coming in contact with the brake causing it to veer off.  

After months of nothing but run around, I got my money back and got a Ligamec.  I haven't shot it yet but fit and finish, it beats the Bohica I had hands down.  I haven't handled a MK111 so I can't compare it.  Customer service with Ligamec was somewhere north of Obama's new stimulas percent better.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#32]
... Finally got it together after a few hour making love to her. The bolt still doesn't want to retract, but I figure it's because I haven't configured the hammer as Bohica suggests. I'll do that sometime well after I'm done with this fine bottle of Cabernet.
Hoping for a range report Sunday

Here's a couple photos of her assembled ...

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 9:10:28 PM EDT
[#33]
I received my Mark III on Thursday.  I used an AZ Armory lower and it was a tight fit, but got it on w/o any major work.  The bolt functions perfectly in mine.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 12:55:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Winston  Wolf :

If you are going to shoot military ball you will get to shoot only 1 shot  and then see if you can beat the bolt open if its anything like the Bohica I  purchased.

Good luck !!
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 4:25:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Customer service with Ligamec was somewhere north of Obama's new stimulas percent better.

may i ask
what does that mean
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 6:04:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Customer service with Ligamec was somewhere north of Obama's new stimulas percent better.

may i ask
what does that mean

+1 to what KD185 said.  ENGLISH, PEOPLE!

-David
Edgewood, NM
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 6:48:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
... It made it in today!

... Being an engineer and former machinist, I found that the aft-face of the upper was about 0.012" too long in relationship to the lug-hole pattern (interference fit, or no-go).

As I want interchangeability between mil-spec AR15 lowers, it looks like I need to precision surface-grind  0.013" off the aft face of the upper

I don't want to do so before I talk to Chris again, I have a message into him

I have a RRA lower that is a tight fit on EVERY upper I put on it. They are somewhat known for this. My bohica fits all 5 of my other brand lowers just fine. I actually like the RRA being tight on my M4 upper. I never liked sloppy AR fit.

The shell may be tough to retract on the first 10 shots or so with milspec ammo. The chamber will smooth out though. If you have this problem, You can help by polishing the chamber. I didn't have to "hammer" mine out like that other guy said, but I did need to let the brass cool (shrink) a bit before it would extract easily.

Jess
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 7:23:30 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I seem to remember others having problems with the RRA lowers.  Something about them being slightly out of spec.

Yep, it's not the BOHICA upper, it's the RRA lower. I had the same problem when I went to put on my 50 Beowulf upper on a RRA build I did last year. I have seen posts from many people having problems with uppers not fitting on RRA lowers.

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 7:26:55 AM EDT
[#39]
From what I have read, alot of 50BMG bolt guns have a tendency to be a little difficult when it comes to removing spent rounds.  Several people take a small rubber mallet with them to aid in removal.  I have never needed more than a little smack with my palm to get the bolt to move.  As a matter of fact, it gets easier every time I shoot it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 7:30:46 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm SO glad I sold my POS Bohica and ordered a State Arms Rebel rifle. The workmanship, customer service, and overall quality of EVERYTHING makes it look like an HK vs a HiPoint.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 7:35:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm SO glad I sold my POS Bohica and ordered a State Arms Rebel rifle. The workmanship, customer service, and overall quality of EVERYTHING makes it look like an HK vs a HiPoint.

What version did you have?  My MKIII has top notch workmanship.  Hell, it is built like a tank.  

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 8:15:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Winston  Wolf :

If you are going to shoot military ball you will get to shoot only 1 shot  and then see if you can beat the bolt open if its anything like the Bohica I  purchased.

Good luck !!

I have a MKII and shoot military ball regularly with no stuck cases.  I have never had to hammer on anything.  There must have been something wrong with the one you got.
You never let Chis check it out for you, so we will never know the real cause.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

may i ask
what does that mean

1 trillion percent better customer service with ligamec.  No lying about ship dates.  Didn't ignore Ims and emails when you can see he is logged into his own site, etc.  It took 2 weeks to get and that was only because there was a hurricane going on.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 11:33:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
From what I have read, alot of 50BMG bolt guns have a tendency to be a little difficult when it comes to removing spent rounds.  Several people take a small rubber mallet with them to aid in removal.  I have never needed more than a little smack with my palm to get the bolt to move.  As a matter of fact, it gets easier every time I shoot it.

The guy that won the Tiger Valley 1000yd BMG match in  2008 was using ALS uppers and he was using a rubber mallet to open/extract the cases. Or maybe he was just doing this for his son, I didn't see him shooting, only that he won the match (or shot the tightest group, etc).

J
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Try using a rubber mallet on the Bohicas bolt handle and you will break it off. Poor design!

Many have done just that.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Try using a rubber mallet on the Bohicas bolt handle and you will break it off. Poor design!

Many have done just that.

Mine didn't break.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 10:08:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, it's not the BOHICA upper, it's the RRA lower. I had the same problem when I went to put on my 50 Beowulf upper on a RRA build I did last year. I have seen posts from many people having problems with uppers not fitting on RRA lowers.

This has been my experience also.

I ordered several RRA lowers, and some had to be sanded down to fit anything.  Others were really tight and needed a hammer & punch to move the take-down pins.  

I thought I was buying quality.   I certainly paid a quality price.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:33:31 AM EDT
[#48]
I had my problem with 2 different brand lowers.  These uppers were marketed as snap on uppers, not "go out and buy 10 different lowers and hope you can make it fit on one".
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:43:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Well quit yer complaining, you guys did buy an upper that says "Bend Over Here It Comes". So whats the problem your mad you didnt get a bottle of KY jelly with it?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#50]
There's a thread in AR15-Troubleshooting, about RRA lowers tight tolerances.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top