Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 12:15:00 AM EDT
For someone who won't shoot often.  Just a shotgun for shtf purpose.  Would blued or parkerized be better?  Don't matter?   The blued sure does look nicer and darker, but i heard blued will rust faster than parkerized.  Thanks,

Stone
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 12:21:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Parked is tougher and the bluing on weapons that cost less than $1k usually isnt very good...
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 12:24:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i heard blued will rust faster than parkerized.

Generally, yes it will, especially polished bluing.

Parkerizing wears just as easily but has the edge in corrosion resistance due to its ability to hold oil applied to its surface.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 12:58:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I know that if my Colt 1991A1 which is parkarized is handled and put away without being wiped down will have surface rust on it overnight.
Last time I went camping, I had it on my side for a couple days. Every morning it needed to be wiped down and re-oiled.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:17:46 AM EDT
[#4]
parkerize it..THEN blue it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:38:42 PM EDT
[#5]
...what Lumpy said
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#6]
park

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top