Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2003 8:11:37 PM EDT
I read somewhere here Gall's was selling Blackhawk vests for $49.99, so I ordered one on Wednesday.  It arrived today (How's that for fast shipping!).  I had been saving for an Eagle, but for that price I could not pass on the deal.  I had heard some negative things about Blackhawk's products, but after examining the vest I must say I am pleasently surprised.  It seems well made and durable.  I understand the differences between Eagle and Blackhawk, but for my purposes, I feel quite satisfied.  I just thought I would pass along my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 11:39:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Got mine today, too! Not bad for the price.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#2]
What model vest is that?  Can you provide a link??
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 2:51:44 PM EDT
[#3]
These vests are badass. I'll see if I can find the link.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 4:11:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Here you go.  Blackhawk Vest
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I got the Olive drab Omega. Sold my Woodland cross draw to pay for it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#6]
At that price, I have to get one just to try it out.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 11:17:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Ordered mine tonight, in green. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 12:11:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Holy shit, thats fast shipping. These people don't fuck around.

I am VERY pleased with my BlackHawk Vest.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Ordered mine on Monday, got it Wednesday. Pretty fast.
I know it's not a high-speed SOE or Tactical Tailor rig, but it serves my purpose. I also like the zippered inside pockets behind the mag pouches.
Now I need a CamelBak kit to go in the back and I'm all set.
Mine came with a 5-shell shotgun shell holder velcroed to the left upper pocket...anybody else get one that way?
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Got my black vest in the mail today!  Thanks for the heads up on a great buy Matt!

E-95
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 8:13:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Mine came with a 5-shell shotgun shell holder velcroed to the left upper pocket...anybody else get one that way?

Mine came with one also and was shipped UPS NEXT DAY!

I am looking for advice and recommendations on how to set up if anyone has advice I am open to any and all suggestions.

Cruizer
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 11:00:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Now I need a CamelBak kit to go in the back and I'm all set.

Mine came with a shell holder, although they look like they'd hold my -06 rounds better than 12 Gauge. It's neat, but since I don't carry a whole bunch of -06, or shotgun ammo, while hiking, I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with it.

Need to get a hydration rig for it too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 11:10:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I wish I could find one like that in Woodland Camo. Hell, it doesnt even have to be that brand.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 11:19:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I ordered 2 today.
They are out of black, only have OD.
Anyone know if its possible to dye nylon black?
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 11:25:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Anyone know if its possible to dye nylon black?

Try "Rit" dye.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 12:27:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 9:42:26 PM EDT
[#17]
whats the total mag capacity on this vest?
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 12:39:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

12, assuming 2 mags in each pouch.  I only load one mag in the outermost slots as this is much more comfortable for my arms, and 10 mags is still a decent loadout.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 1:21:57 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

12, assuming 2 mags in each pouch.  I only load one mag in the outermost slots as this is much more comfortable for my arms, and 10 mags is still a decent loadout.

Well it hold enough mags to make it worth bying. time to order one.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:40:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I can only fit 1 mag in each pouch. I only own 6 mags anyway, but 2 in each won't fit for me. I didn't really want to "force" the issue though.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 4:12:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Got mine last night.
Thanks for the headsup Matt33.

DD
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 4:30:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:26:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 8:50:09 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I sell quite a bit of Blackhawk, but if anyone is even thinking about getting a vest from Galls, they should JUMP on that price. You wont see them this cheap again, anywhere. They are dumping them BELOW wholesale. I'm thinking of buying several myself...
in this case you snooze you lose.

Bigbore since you sell a lot of their stuff(blackhawk) can you tell me, are the mag pouches actually double mag or single mag pouches that can be streched to hold two a piece. The only blackhawk vest i ever saw in person only had two triple mag puches IIRC.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 12:08:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:03:29 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I sell quite a bit of Blackhawk, but if anyone is even thinking about getting a vest from Galls, they should JUMP on that price. You wont see them this cheap again, anywhere. They are dumping them BELOW wholesale. I'm thinking of buying several myself...
in this case you snooze you lose.

Bigbore since you sell a lot of their stuff(blackhawk) can you tell me, are the mag pouches actually double mag or single mag pouches that can be streched to hold two a piece. The only blackhawk vest i ever saw in person only had two triple mag puches IIRC.

You can put two M4 mags in each of the pouches on a Blackhawk Omega Vest.

Ok thanks. It looks like it's going to get delivered today! That means I got to get home right after work get it set up than go to the range and get the thing broken in. That will be the fun part............everything is an excuse to go shooting these days.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:18:36 AM EDT
[#28]
if you look at the rest of the clearance list, there's an Eagle Industries LBV there for $69 as well. This is a steal compared to other places.

http://www.galls.com/shop/viewProductDetail.jsp?item=TE150&catcode=702
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 7:03:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Two mags will fit in each pouch.
The easiest way is to push the top of the first mag forward away from the vest to form a channel, then slide the second mag between the first mag and the vest body.

Link Posted: 9/5/2003 2:30:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Well mine showed up while I was at work yesterday. Got home and stuffed the mag pouches with mags, attached my belt to it and the drop holster, it's a little tight on me but I could stand to lose a few pounds anyway-motivation there yah go. Anyway I was going to take it out to the club and beat it around to break it in a bit but got stuck having to come in and work today.... so it will have to wait till tomarrow morning. I'm impressed with it. it's missing a few features that i'd like but I can live without them on this peice of gear.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 10:03:29 PM EDT
[#31]
I've had my OD omega for a couple of weeks now, (ordered it the about a week after the original heads up thread came out here on AR15.com.)

I went shooting with it the Sunday after I got it and am very happy with it for the $49.00 price.

I've been keeping 8 mags in it, 2 in each of the three right hand pouches, 2 in the pouch closest to the center and my Harris BR bipod in the next pouch and a pair of Bushnell 16X32 compact binoculars in the far left pouch.

A feild dressing in the top left shoulder pouch.

A set of Silenco baffeled ear plugs in a od green military plastic case hanging of the left shoulder D-ring.

A 3 LED Cabelas flashlight and my rolled up Mossy Oak Break-up boone hat and dew rag and Spare pair of ear cheap ear plugs in the left utility pouch.

A set of fingerless  leather half gloves, Brunton Classic Land Nav Compass in the right utility pouch.

I have a Uncle Mike's 2" black nylon  duty belt attached with two black Bianchi military 2  pistol mag pouches mounted just to the rear of the Left hand rifle mag pouches, a Uncle Mike's Mag light ring and a black nylon multi tool pouch with Gerber multi tool just to the rear of the pistol mag pouches and secured in place with a black nylon 2" belt keeper, just forward of the vests left rear panel belt attachment point. on the Right side is a OD CQB Solutions drop-leg kit for the black Bianchi military UM84 flap holster with 2" plastic belt keepers in front and back of the drop leg attachment to the belt to keep the drop leg where I want it on the belt.

I have tryed to keep as much of the back of the vest as is humanly possible because you just might have to sit down once and a while or drive a car. After trying a cheep hydration bladder in the back pouch of the vest I 86ed that idea too, in favor of a pack mounted hydration system later, that big bulge in the middle of your spine was just to uncomfortable. I might get a couple of those small plastic airforce survival flasks and put them in the front inside mesh pockets for emergency water on my person and then have the Hydration system in the pack.

My next project will be finding a good fairly flat fitting small to medium patrol pack that I can rig up to quick release from the back of the vest and am looking hard at the Lightfighter RAID pack, but they are a little on the expensive side.

Anyway thats what I've done with mine.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 5:54:20 PM EDT
[#32]
that Raid pack you are reffering to is the best pack I have ever used and it has a built in holder for your bladder, the price isnt that bad when you get it and see how well build it is and how nice it is to be able to add pouches as you see fit not as how the manufactor see's fit.  You would be dissapointed.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 1:22:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Fearandloathing, I also use a pilots flask in the right map pocket. It don't last long when you actually get thirsty, but when you're working and you need something to wet your lips and you don't have the Camelback, it fits the spot nicely. It also works real good for if one needs water to rinse something or add to an MRE heater. I have not found that it makes anything on the vest awkward to carry, but I do reccomend that it not get frozen when full, or you get some impressive bulging and spliting.
Don't worry about finding a pack that quickreleases from the vest itself. I tried to do that and I could never find one that didn't flop around. I have the Eagle Streamline pack (Blackhawk makes a similar one), couple Beckers, a hunting pack, HAWG and MULE. All of them tighten up and carry better, can be slipped off the shoulder quicker, and the straps can be unclipped with a quick release feature and be shouldered again much faster than any other options. I don't have a RAID pack, but the experiences I see so far show me that a solid color one would be excellent for an all-around pack. If you're not sure about that idea, get a HAWG and try it out first, or if you don't want a hydration pack get one of the streamline packs for just under $100. You can always sell quality gear to finance new stuff once you know what you want, or keep it because the size helps it to fill a niche.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 7:05:03 AM EDT
[#34]
I think that I'm going to have to get one of the Blackhawk vests from Gall's...

I was looking at the Tactical Tailor vest listed in another thread, but Gall's price on the Blackhawk vest is just too darn good to pass up. If I don't like it, I'm sure I can sell it for what I paid for it...
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 10:08:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Stinger...If you don't like your Blackhawk in two or three months after Galls runs out of 'em. Shoot me an IM, I'm in Enid Ok and I'll take it off your hands for what you paid for it and meet you up in OKC in the Outdoor America parking lot to do the deal.

Hows that for buyers insurance.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:22:00 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Stinger...If you don't like your Blackhawk in two or three months after Galls runs out of 'em. Shoot me an IM, I'm in Enid Ok and I'll take it off your hands for what you paid for it and meet you up in OKC in the Outdoor America parking lot to do the deal.

Hows that for buyers insurance.

Works for me...
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#37]
I seen this over a week ago,but they did not have black,just OD. Also i'm a lefty and was tempted on it at the price,still am,lol. Is the pouch w/velcro patched for logo for shotgun shells? whats the other one on the right obove ar15 mag pouches for? Any lefty's buy one? What you think? I'm seriously liking the CQB setup with the velcro above the mag pouches on left and right sides.
I gave in and bought one evan though not black. I still want to get a CQB vest later,but this will be my first one and a good trial run on a vest and working in one with the ar15. I can always sale it later for what i got in it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top