Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2018 10:16:22 PM EDT
This BP revolver was a sweetener in a trade that I was going to make anyway. Because of that, I didn't get particularly inquisitive about it at the time. Since I have no interest in black powder stuff, I have two questions. A) What is it exactly, and B) What is it all worth.

Thank you in advance
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:49:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Cabelas  has the Pietta 1851 .44 for $200, the capper, caps and wads, about  $20. That measure is the same I use for rifle and is about $40.  Bore butter is about $10, and the balls about $15.

That's new price so you can figure a less for used.

ETA. I forgot about the powder I use goex fffg and it costs me $22.

EETA. It's a nice set up you have, If I was going to buy a BP pistol, I'd be very happy to own it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 6:07:51 AM EDT
[#2]
They're $249 with the starter kit.
Honestly, if you're taking it in on trade and just planning on flipping it, I wouldn't plan on getting any more than $150. Much more than that and you'll be sitting on it a long time.
ETA, $200 is the regular price, I think they come on sale for $150 all the time.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#3]
You have everything there needed to shoot it.

I recommend you give a try...

It's actually a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:05:22 PM EDT
[#4]
These prices make me sick. I remember buying my first brass framed 1851 from Cabela's for $78.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top