Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 12:51:01 PM EDT
Has the world gone mad

Link to closed ebay auction. ebay item # 6586620021

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6586620021&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

$177.50 for M1 handguards. Did I miss something?

JR
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope.

I sold a matched set of upper/lower handguards with stock and make a bit over $575 on it.

Garand prices have skyrocketed lately.

Av.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Nope.

I sold a matched set of upper/lower handguards with stock and make a bit over $575 on it.

Garand prices have skyrocketed lately.

Av.

Is there THAT much of a market for USGI stuff that matches?

I know you can buy a NEW stock set for around $100. Why so much more? Collector value alone?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:39:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I belive there is a market for matching USGI.

A lot of people can not get past the fact the rifle's wood is not the same exact shade. Look at all the people here who cry about the brass marks on the shell deflector on the AR-15 rifle.

I had a hell of a time selling my M1 Garand untill I stained the wood all the same color. then it sold in a few days for the same price I was asking for with the mismatched wood.

People are strange.

Av.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:37:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A lot of people can not get past the fact the rifle's wood is not the same exact shade. Look at all the people here who cry about the brass marks on the shell deflector on the AR-15 rifle.

I LOVE my brass marks! I even made a thread once challenging people to post theirs.

I got a few responses, but none bested my mighty mark:

I don't mind the mis-matched wood on my M1 that much, although I don't particularly like it either. I might stain it, but probably won't.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:49:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Has the world gone mad

Link to closed ebay auction. ebay item # 6586620021

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6586620021&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

$177.50 for M1 handguards. Did I miss something?

JR

i have purchased from DRBecker before,
he is trustworthy,   IMHO

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:24:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Brass marks aside, I'm not casting stones at the trustworthiness of the seller. I still cant believe people have a hard enough time finding decent wood that they would pay $177.00.

I just picked up two nice hand guards at a gun show that were $25.00. I felt like it was a little too much but they were minty.

I know what to do with the next set I find.

JR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top